Reply to Thread

Thread: Opinion about the content of the event.

Monde
    Prestaging

Opinion about the content of the event.

First of all do not speak English or German, I speak Spanish so I leave it translated by Google Translate.

I have some questions and opinions and I wish someone would clarify things or opine on the matter:

1 - The Grim Reaper, the most expensive of the entire event and has virtually nothing new, just an avatar. Anyone who saw him for the first time might think something like "Great overall Grim Reaper as this will be great!" But after getting the 1300 Calabasas to buy you realize that 98% is equal to the overall battle hardened.

I at least expected a garrison with a special design to be the Grim Reaper, because they did not?. As for making it. . . Is the Grim Reaper. . . should do something better or at least have a higher limit of units or am I wrong?.

The Monastery of the past event is much more useful.

2 - the village school, the building produces settlers and is supposed to be a school, if we assume that a school is not supposed to produce over 1 settler every two hours? Etoy not saying it should produce a number of settlers execiva but I think it should produce a little more maybe 10 or some other number not so small.

So I leave it here for now, tip not demolished pumpkin fields are limited and do not reappear in the star menu when demolished.

Monde
    Prestaging
    I haven't tried much yet, so I don't know whether this event resource is available in higher quantities than the easter eggs. If it's about the same, I'd say the grim reaper should be cheaper than the 250 veteran, maybe 1000?

With the school, I agree. 1 settler every 2 hours is almost nothing. 12 more per day, per school. I don't know if I would even notice this on live, if you would just add it. I suggest to reduce the time to 15 minutes like the default, or make the school upgradable. Possibly both. Like one settler per hour per level.

Monde
    Prestaging
    I just wanted a confirmation about this grim reaper which, I suppose, is called "La faucheuse" on the french servers.
    I might have got it wrong, but I thought that on a previous event where players could get this general, his capacity was 250.

Anyhow, even if I misunderstood, I'd like to know when this unbalance between players will finally disappear. Will we have to wait for the next eastern event ?

Monde
    Prestaging
    As far as I've seen there's only like 5 missions you get pumpkins and each given as 10, in the store you can buy 125 pumpkins for 170 gems and fields of pumpkins take several hours to produce one pumpkin.

The price of the Grim Reaper is a bit high in my opinion and not that it is very useful to say. We'll have to wait to see what happens with school and everything else.

Monde
    Prestaging
    I also hoped that the Grim Reaper had 250 capacity but for now it does not, that the garrison would be excellent to have a special design.

As for the balance of players are not very good, but when the pvp agrege'm pretty sure that one of the changes will be (as in all other games) will have the enormous advantage that players who use a lot of gems, and then maybe if you could notice a difference in the generals have each player. We'll have to wait and see.

PS: Do not know if I explain well in terms of my opinion condolences to the subject, because I have not thought much about it XD.

Monde
    Prestaging
    So from my understanding you can put 3 of each pumpkin field down and only do it one time. So if you never buffed them that would be 655 pumpkins just from fields. Even if you wanted a grim reaper you would have to buy/trade the rest. at this rate its not worth buying a silo or a school. 1 Silo isnt going to help you at all and well 1 school house isnt going to help you much either. If you dont have a fast general its your best bet. Hell even if you do have one I would still place 2 fast generals over a silo and school.

Monde
    Prestaging
    It's a good point. . . I guess in a way is true. But I still think that the rewards could be better. thanks

Monde
    Prestaging
    the grim reaper is the same as last year, would be stupid to change him.

IMHO: the colour on the server is awful, the sound was already stupid last year, however, you were able to switch it off. That won't be possible with the colour but this stupid change won't add much atmosphere but drive away players. At least i'm thinking about playing as few as possible with this stupid smoke screen over the island.

The school could also be improved: make it upgradable or at least buffable. 12 new settlers within one day is to little a number to be useful for any player, the town hall is more effective there.

Why are the silos limited? During the easter event the water mills were not limited, so why are the silos limited during this event? During the easter event many players used the small discount which the purchase of eggs by gems offered to purchase lots of water mills. Even I did this. Why is BB not thinking about this fact this way: Lets give them a small discount on the silos, so the players will by more pumpkins with gems to buy silos. After all, this might be a real bargain for both BB and the players.

'nuff said...

Monde
    Prestaging
    Hi there Here's my feedback on the Halloween event:

Graphics and sound
    • Eliot is adorable.
    • The sun went down. Just a little gimmick but I actually like that filter color. Then I had to use 'Magical Powder', the sun went up and shines brightly ever since. How do I get the darkness back?
    • The music is missing (not that I miss it, but it's not there).
    • The school looks pretty.

Fields and quests
    • Fewer pumpkins in the fields, guess that's because of the new quests.
    • The new quests are ok. Except the 2 quests where we need to use darkness & light buffs, those I could do without. Please don't encourage people to annoy other players. Last year people cleared their friends list to avoid being buffed. This year - with the 72hr cool-down period coming soon - that's not very practical.
    • People who are not online 24/7 will notice the pumpkin harvest is a bit buggy. It's not a Halloween specific bug, this also happens to your buildings on the live servers. Production cycles are reset after a certain period of inactivity (logging off or changing zones and not returning to your island for some time). Especially with 4-8hr production cycles this can lead to a much longer harvest time. Only solution is to pause your fields and turn them back on when it would be time to harvest. Personally, I rather have some sleep than checking on my pumpkins every 4 hrs. It drove me nuts last year and apparently this cannot be fixed. Bummer!

The items we can buy
    • No more grim reaper if you already got one. Too bad for people who play without money. Think they could have used another one.
    • Only 3 silos this year. Ah, really? I was so looking forward to at least 5, like last year.
    • A settler producing school, I like the idea. Sadly it needs to be near a storehouse or it will produce even less settlers. To me it's more deco than useful.

All in all, nice but not my favorite event because of the production bug. Not many things I want to buy either, mainly the silos.

Additionally there have been a few changes to the trade office, but I'm too lazy to check. My friends already told me how one bug is replaced with another. So I'm skipping that and just wait for the next version

Reply to Thread