Prestaging

combat rebalancing post

Hi,

a link don't work on the new post about combat rebalancing

Base resources: we don't see the image linked

Friendly, manulili1968

Monde
    Prestaging
    I think the changes for combat are too big, some adventures (Black knights for example) will cost double the troop losses where the MMA general had such an advantage with first strike and 450-500 damage but enemies have so much more hp now.

Perhaps if BB could explain what they want to achieve with the new system, the testers might understand better?

Currently it looks like higher losses for most adventures, higher costs to do adventures, more training times in barracks, less advantage for MMA general.

Monde
    Prestaging
    And severe nerf to R's due to lowered initiative and fact that everything can do splash damage.

Monde
    Prestaging
    I have to believe that his new combat system is for your new game. No way could you be thinking of converting TSO to this new system. This would be the final nail.

I have fooled around with it trying to do Outlaws. I think it should make an interesting challenge for your new game. Lots of hours to be spent working on how to best make attacks.

Monde
    Prestaging
    The new attack ranges with miss being 1 make everything much more random then it was before. Means that results will be more unpredictable and harder to simulate.

Monde
    Prestaging
    Quote Originally Posted by Mesea View Post
    Means that results will be more unpredictable and harder to simulate.
    they are exactly as easy to simulate as before, since you still have only 2 possible outcomes.

Monde
    Prestaging
    Quote Originally Posted by Peajay View Post
    I think the changes for combat are too big, some adventures (Black knights for example) will cost double the troop losses where the MMA general had such an advantage with first strike and 450-500 damage but enemies have so much more hp now.
    I know the MMA was supposed to help by not making as many Calvary so you could go into battle with better troops, but since a lot of enemy units if not all enemy units have higher HP, and in regards to Island of the Pirates, more units in the unit group, makes the MMA as well as calvary completely useless. And especially the recruit is as well useless.

I mean we still have to spend 40 horses for 1 calvary, what's the point when only 200 of them can only 1000 damage, and very few unit groups seem to have that, it's just a waste of horses and resources.

I honestly think that if everything is going to have splash damage, the enemy units should have had the SAME HP as before, what is the point of having splash damage if almost every enemy unit has higher HP? Especially Caltrop which should NOT have 20 HP.

Monde
    Prestaging
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
    they are exactly as easy to simulate as before, since you still have only 2 possible outcomes.
    My bad a bit - they are not harder to simulate per se - but range of results will be much larger which means that results are less valuable. Information then 0-100 of your troops might die is less useful then available currently that 10-30 from that 100 might die.

Monde
    Prestaging
    I want know one thing please
    lvl 50 > kill 200 roughneck > 1200 xp > 0 star coin????

Monde
    Prestaging
    I DO NOT like this change !!!
    They increase the life of the bandits, ok.
    But the reduction drives our ?? Error !!
    100 pine logs for 5 short bows?
    150 trunks and 150 nobles nobles planks 5 longbows? I did not know now to make a longbow is needed noble planks ....
    I like the lower part of the requirements of the troops to the barracks, I understand that this may be a modification of the production lines, but do not understand why lower hit points, damage and accuracy of our troops. .

Reply to Thread