Reply to Thread

Thread: train more units at once in Barracks

Monde
    Prestaging

train more units at once in Barracks

Im training about 300 units each day. Somtimes up to 800.
    If i want to train 500 Recruits i have to klick the same buttons/slider 20 times.

It would be nice if there would be a second slider to select how often the 25 Recruits should be trained. (and other units)

Monde
    Prestaging
    good idea

i.e 10*25
    100*25
    etc

Monde
    Prestaging
    this probably the #1 wanted feature. however, bb has repeatedly stated that it'll be impossible to implement due to technical restrictions. just wonder how they solved it for the halloween golem then, as stacking and applying of larger amounts of the buffs seems to be no problem at all??

Monde
    Prestaging
    Quote Originally Posted by aeiou View Post
    this probably the #1 wanted feature. however, bb has repeatedly stated that it'll be impossible to implement due to technical restrictions.
    Technical restrictions being they have the numbers '25' hardcoded in too many places and cant find them all in a finite number of time.

Otherwise it would make no sense, since '25' is not relevant in any way from the programming point of view, and, if anything, increasing that number would limit the amount of actions users perform, thus making it easier to meet the restrictions (if any exist).

Monde
    Prestaging
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
    Technical restrictions being they have the numbers '25' hardcoded in too many places and cant find them all in a finite number of time.
    Well, let's help them find them by making a list If it's code well BB attention to detail would help haha

Monde
    Prestaging
    Being developer myself.. I can't imagine how bad/messy/stupid code would need to be to make the 25 limit a technical difficulty.
    It simple for me - it's work that needs to be done (probably complex/time consuming?) that won't net more gems.. so the won't spend developer time on that.

Training 500 a day? thats not much later :|
    Try doing some tailors losing 3-4k units in few days.

Also I still don't see why client couldn't send 10 request to train 25 troops in a row. Would be the same and we could live with them being queued as 10x25. Would help a lot with clicking. And the new pvp armory has same limit applied to it.. not a good way to welcome people to your shiny new feature.

Monde
    Prestaging
    Quote Originally Posted by Mesea View Post
    Being developer myself.. I can't imagine how bad/messy/stupid code would need to be to make the 25 limit a technical difficulty.
    maybe they store each individual unit in a different database record ? and increasing the number of records inserted simultanously above 25 causes performance issues ?

Reply to Thread