Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: New Simulator for Adventures and Expeditions

Monde
    Prestaging

New Simulator for Adventures and Expeditions

I have implemented a new simulator for Adventures and Expeditions. You can find it here http://goo.gl/usr0UO.
    Now also available under http://tsosim.github.io/

The user interface is similar to already existing simulators. You have the unit selection area on the top, left part is for player units, right part for computer units. You can select an adventure in the dropdown box, which changes the unit selection for the computer units.
    You can also set the number of iterations (default value 500) and the amount of result information (statistics, a detailed combat log or both).

When you click on the "Start Simulation" button, the respective values are computed and displayed. When you click on the statistics table, a diagram of the rounds distribution for the victory and defeats will be displayed. The combat log is interactive. You can click an the various elements and show and hide additional information.

You can select from two languages, german and english. I try to determine the browser language and set the simulator language accordingly. If you would like to see additional languages, then i would need someone to provide me with the translations of the unit and adventure names and also various UI strings.

This part was already published earlier on the german forums.

The new part is the simulator for the expeditions (click on the "Exp" button on the top of the website). For now I have reused the user interface of the adventure simulator, so you will see some non-functional parts like the adventure tab or the number of iterations.

The handling of this simulator is similar to the other simulator. You select your units and the computer's units and then click on the "Start Simulation" button. The displayed results are a table of lost units for you and for the computer and then a detailed combat log with the number of hitpoints, dealt damage and lost units.

Because now the combat is interactive, the result does not have to be the same anymore for a combat with the same units. Therefore, each time there is a refill of your unit stack, I display two dropdown boxes with the remaining units. If you select another unit type, then combat is recomputed from this positon.

It is not very hard to estimate the needed units for a combat, so the primary intention of this simulator is to have a tool to quickly see the result variations when you use different units.

Have fun testing and using. If you notice any bugs, please let me know.
    Last edited by kickpuncher; 26.08.15 at 01:45.

Monde
    Prestaging
    nice job can you put like the other sim a button with find the best attacker?

Monde
    Prestaging
    While the "Win Adventure" button is an interesting problem to solve, i don't think i am going to do this. My intention is to provide a tool that helps the player to find a good solution by doing all underlying computations. My intention is not to replace the player.

Monde
    Prestaging
    i see and i can undestand on the other hand i am a 60 year old woman im like to play the settlers but now they make it difficult, yes it is easy to click that button and you get a sulotion what armee you can use but i am to old for do the math on the what the enemy can en wich one is the best to attack with.

a well i guess this will be the end of playing the settlers for me then

Monde
    Prestaging
    New version:

- updated stats for fairy tales units ("live" version)

Monde
    Prestaging
    Quote Originally Posted by kickpuncher View Post
    New version:

- updated stats for fairy tales units ("live" version)
    tywm

this what a lot players need. now a lot players will use your simulator, because you first add new stats

edit:
    minimum means min units will survive?
    maximum means maximum units will survive?

minimum is maximum losses, and maximum is minimum losses?

usually in simators is minimum min losses, and max means max losses

can you add how many unist are in general?

excellent simulator works perfect.
    I will use your simulator for my guides
    thanks
    Last edited by corona88; 24.11.14 at 14:50.

Monde
    Prestaging
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by corona88 View Post
    tywm
    minimum means min units will survive?
    maximum means maximum units will survive?

minimum is maximum losses, and maximum is minimum losses?

usually in simators is minimum min losses, and max means max losses

can you add how many unist are in general?
    Yes, the results are about the surviving units. The lost units are displayed in brackets, e.g. [-50].
    I will change the result tables soon to display less redundant information and also to focus on the lost units. The total number of selected units is implemented in the new version.

Monde
    Prestaging
    "New" version:

- Removed button for the "test"-version (it was "wrong" anyway, because it used the system with four initiatives (check the tooltips )
    - The new values for the fairytales units are in the "live"-version (as of last update)

If you notice any errors or inconsistencies, please let me know.
    Thanks.

Monde
    Prestaging
    Hi kickpuncher,

Nice simulator, though I suspect you have missed the splash property on royal cannoneers, if you can double check that it would be great

Regards,
    Soti

Monde
    Prestaging
    Indeed. It's fixed now.

Thanks

Reply to Thread