Reply to Thread

Thread: [ EXPEDITIONS ] - What about Efficiency Ranking

Monde
    Prestaging

[ EXPEDITIONS ] - What about Efficiency Ranking

I wonder if efficiency value as we can see at Efficiency Ranking is true or not.

After 2 months conquering colonies I don´t think so.

Here some data information about small rich colony.

sector 1: 721units

5 x 120
    1 x 121

sector 2: 601units

4 x 120
    1 x 121

sector 3: 581units

3 x 120
    1 x 100
    1 x 121

sector 4: 701units

4 x 120
    1 x 100
    1 x 121

sector 5: 721units

5 x 120
    1 x 121

total = 721 + 601 + 581 + 701 + 721 = 3325units

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

However if we compare defeated units before conquering that colony and after that, we'll see that total defeated units does not match.

Efficiency before taking colony

Efficiency after taking colony

82707 units - 79399 units = 3308 units <---------- different from 3325units

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Talking about efficiency value and how BlueByte give us new value ...

ef_b = efficiency before taking colony
    ef_a = efficiency after taking colony
    ef_c = efficiency in that colony
    n = number or colonies

( ef_b * ( n - 1 ) ) + ef_c = ( ef_a * n )

My example:

ef_b = 3,58
    ef_a = 3,65
    ef_c = ¿?
    n = 21

( 3,58 * 20 ) + ef_c = ( 3,65 * 21 )
    ef_c = ( 3,65 * 21 ) - ( 3,58 * 20 ) = 5,05

But if we see colony report ...

Troop losses = 453units
    ef_c= 3325 defeated units / 453 losses = 7,339

What's wrong with this?

7,339 or 5,05 ?

3325 or 3308

Monde
    Prestaging
    Ugh...I'm too stupid for the math atm...efficiency rating, or at least the explanation I got on the US forums made me drop the entire ranking thing, the explanation as following...

Indirectly defeated units count towards the ranking, this is how players reach efficiency rates of 6 or higher.

BB_Endesmor
    Efficiency is simple but there are some requirements:
    -A minimum of 1,000 enemy units must be defeated
    -Only fights from won expeditions are taken into account
    If the above conditions are met, just divide the amount of defeated (directly or not) enemy units by the amount of units lost by the player.

Going by your losses, I doubt you killed each camp the normal way or the leader for each section, at least that's how I think I'm reading that map atm, you did block everything you could, but I'm unsure if this got you everything/a backdoor to a leader or not.

At which point I'd say the "wrong" number is 3325, as I can't really verify if that's the amount you did kill, direct or indirect. If we assume you killed 1 Leader and the Map Boss, I'ma say you maybe "only" killed 1450 units...making this 1450/453 = 3.02

As quoted from above, you can see that you can cherry pick your efficiency...if the camp placements don't look good, you cancel at no hit to your rankings, and since you can stay in limbo between Tier 2 and Tier 3 (search Tier 3, attack player, deem it not to be efficient, cancel, drop to Tier 2, take over a colony or defeat an attacker to get back to Tier 3 and your efficiency didn't get knocked due to T2 not counting toward it). Voila, useless rankings.

Well, take the above quotes and apply them to your next run(s) and see how that works out.

Monde
    Prestaging
    i killed 4 leaders + maps boss.
    Look at the map and you'll see leaders in red/blue.
    I count 21 won expeditions so ...

... it's impossible to get less efficiency ( 3,02 ) and get high form 3,58 to 3,65 . think about it

thank you for answer

silvam
    Last edited by silvam; 14.08.15 at 17:10. Reason: it was 4 leaders not 3

Reply to Thread