Reply to Thread

Thread: suggestions for set up of accounts

Monde
    Prestaging

suggestions for set up of accounts

I know I'm a little new to the test server, but i expected it to be more controllable. yeah, we are here to test new content and ect, but aren't we also here to truly play with all the odds and ends of the game and find the best ways to do things?

My thoughts:

It would be awesome if we had controls. such as a seperate tab in chat to insert game commands. It'd be nice to have controls such as +gems, +time, or especially reset.

I wish there weren't *any* buildings, or even better it starts w/an exact copy of your real TSO account on your normal server. -But only if there is 0 time for upgrades. we aren't here to play setters on the test server. we're here to test out theories and do things that may be costly to test to see if they work out! I know several people who actually went thru and deleted and made their test account identical to their real account so they could move things around and find the best optimized time set tups for there buildings. this takes a *long* time if you have to go through and figure out what on earth is even on the account already, much less where it is, and why on earth its *here???*

If I had this much control, I would set it up fairly close to my normal account -at level 38 currently. and run adventures and play w/ how i could do this or that. I could test out the new event adventures for my level, instead of level 75. but especially having the reset would be really nice.

Right now I'm setting up my explorers over and over to test theories w/how the best set tup (for me?) is. but i'm watching my books just dwindle and dwindle...

anyway. that's my 2 sense. maybe i misunderstood the concept of this test server?

Monde
    Prestaging
    oh! i would definately add a command to +troops or +complete barracks que. or stuff like that.

Monde
    Prestaging
    1. please stop spamming this thread all over the forum

2. making your test account mirror your real account (which one? some people play on multiple realms) would mean you wouldn't be able to test features you don't have access to in the "real" account. So nobody below level 50 would have been able to test anything in the new level 75 levelcap. Everybody would have to actually play adventures to reach a new level, and be able to build a new building, so they can test it. It would take ages and nobody wants to spend that much time testing. Also, this would mean no feedback and thus a very bugged game.

The test server is for testing features and eliminating bugs, not for finding your optimal setup for explorers or your island. There's wikis for that, youtube video's, forum threads. etcetera.

Monde
    Prestaging
    I think merchant should have one special menu where you can buy everything for one fish.
    On the other hand you should have a chance chose how many you want to buy per one click (like queue in Barracks).

Reply to Thread