Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 11 to 17 of 17

Thread: [Suggestion] New way of getting crystals

  1. #11

    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    1,134
    Monde
    Prestaging
    Being a premium user and having already done the relevant expansion part (evil queen chain and bla bla) I personally think that, as mentioned in many of my posts already, a good piece of cake of the playerbase hasn't been covered.

    We are talking about how many crystals you can get here, though no one is mentioning that instead of fixing the amount of crystal the content available for the players should be fixed instead.

    I don't care if I can get 6 or 10 crystals each day, the big problem, to me, is that even if I've done the evil queen chain already I still have not much motivation to move on, I can foresee myself farming the high XP letters quest being able to retrieve about 1 each week (which is a 400k xp boost, let's ignore the 80k xp quest for instance), but even if I would have a thousand crystals I won't really know how to spend them.

    I can't foresee myself doing the evil queen chain forever, I did it once, beat the whole chain in less than 2 days, got my epic farmyard and I'm level 60.. And still have no motivation to move to level 61, because I have nothing to do right now but farming.

    Good to know that I can grind gems using the first letters quest, but I think I will login once a day, get my crystals, buff my island, get the two 400k xp quests, do an ali when necessary for the quests and repeat that loop until I'm 63.

    When I will reach level 63, though (which I can't really foresee a meta right now, I think it will take me about 3-5 months considering how much I play) I will still be stuck having nothing else to do (apart the two level 63 adventures which are just worth the first industrial mine though), so.. Not sure, I don't think we are talking about a real problem here, I would rather like to see addressed the fact that once you reach level 63 the 400k xp quest (which should be related to level 53+) is unbalanced.

  2. #12
    Blue Byte Gamedesign Team BB_Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    586
    Monde
    Prestaging
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil_J View Post
    Posted it on my server forum too: http://forum.thesettlersonline.net/t...tting-crystals
    Getting good feedback there


    One of the suggestions i keep hearing is to have a reward for picking up all collectibles, mostly because they were like daily quests, worthless for the most part....so, why bother going through all the work to pick all of them up?

    Well, if there was a reward to that quest, this would change.

    Add 1 Crystal reward for the collectibles quest, its not an exaggerated value so it doesnt unbalance the system, but good enough to motivate people to do it.
    Doing the math, its possible to pick up collectibles 3 times a day, so this would equal to a max possible of 21 crystals per week, which almost noone would get, the most normal is for people to be online to pick them up 1-2 times a day, so we're really looking at 7-14 extra crystals per week.


    First feedback at the excelsior, is how long it takes to get something done, specially the FT chain. I believe letters are cool as is (cant make easy xp available too easy); travel guides could be adjusted as it is now, but if this feature goes through it would be fine; its the epic chain that takes too long to get, and considering it needs to be run 35 times to get the workyard fully upgraded......its just to hard for a reward that is not that good


    Conclusion: Add a 1 crystal reward to the collectibles quest; lower the required parts to complete the evil queen chain and this will be much more fun to play with
    Hi Evil_J

    thank you for your feedback. The amount of Crystals is a very important issue, because it's possible to gain gems as rewards from doing Letters. Increasing the amount of crystals, which can be obtained will directly affect this, so we have to be very careful. An increase will also have direct impact on the value of crystals.

    The basic rule from our side is to keep the crystal flow under control, which means we won't introduce crystals as reward for adventures for example.

    You suggestion to introduce crystals as rewards for collect all collectibles quest seem to fall under our rule. It seem to be a controled reward, which can only be obtained three times a day, a value we can work with. There is still one question open. I am not sure if the quest is the same for the home zone and all adventures. If it is, we would've to split them, because otherwise it won't follow the rule anymore, because you would be able to finish it more than 3 times a day.

    Have fun!
    BB_Alex

  3. #13

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    134
    Monde
    Prestaging
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Alex View Post
    Hi Evil_J

    thank you for your feedback. The amount of Crystals is a very important issue, because it's possible to gain gems as rewards from doing Letters. Increasing the amount of crystals, which can be obtained will directly affect this, so we have to be very careful. An increase will also have direct impact on the value of crystals.

    The basic rule from our side is to keep the crystal flow under control, which means we won't introduce crystals as reward for adventures for example.

    You suggestion to introduce crystals as rewards for collect all collectibles quest seem to fall under our rule. It seem to be a controled reward, which can only be obtained three times a day, a value we can work with. There is still one question open. I am not sure if the quest is the same for the home zone and all adventures. If it is, we would've to split them, because otherwise it won't follow the rule anymore, because you would be able to finish it more than 3 times a day.

    Have fun!
    BB_Alex

    Indeed, it wouldve to work only with home island collectibles.

    In a previous post i mentioned the gain of gems from quests, about this to keep the same ratios, the amount of gems dropping on those boxes wouldve to be reduced a bit. Also getting 50 gems from a short letter and the same from a long one doesnt feel 'balanced' at all

  4. #14

    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    309
    Monde
    Prestaging
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
    The change mentioned previously when all turns require 1 crystal instead of 4 I call drastic.
    That change occurred during the testing phase and has nothing to do with the live version, so why use it to disparage a comment about the live version?

    Quote Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
    non-premium users get fewer quests every day which means more or less 30% less crystals with already stretched out requirements. This is more of an impact than 50% more adventure loot.
    Given that fact, being able to get 3 extra crystals a day would be highly beneficial to non-premium users, wouldn't it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
    Crystals, not gems.
    Well, you originally said gems, didn't you?

    Quote Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
    Sarcasm aside, I'd much prefer 1-5 gems dropping from adventures. Seems like a much better way to reward ingame effort.
    um... yep.

  5. #15
    Blue Byte Gamedesign Team BB_Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    586
    Monde
    Prestaging
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil_J View Post
    Indeed, it wouldve to work only with home island collectibles.

    In a previous post i mentioned the gain of gems from quests, about this to keep the same ratios, the amount of gems dropping on those boxes wouldve to be reduced a bit. Also getting 50 gems from a short letter and the same from a long one doesnt feel 'balanced' at all
    I think it is balanced to support a decision. You can chose the faster approach to gain gems, but you will miss the experience points. Balance is not only achieved through equaly increasing rewards of the same type, but also through a reward focus.

    Have fun
    BB_Alex

  6. #16

    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    1,134
    Monde
    Prestaging
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Alex View Post
    I think it is balanced to support a decision. You can chose the faster approach to gain gems, but you will miss the experience points. Balance is not only achieved through equaly increasing rewards of the same type, but also through a reward focus.

    Have fun
    BB_Alex
    That's clever, I didn't think about losing the XP to get gems, though I don't know how relevant gems and xp are at high levels (I'm level 60, and don't know what route to choose. for instance I'm focusing on XP though).

  7. #17

    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    9
    Monde
    Prestaging
    All is caused by bad/trash adventures.
    People would like to make those "new" ventures to solve the boring-adventure situation.
    You can totally remove the 50 gems reward quests , but give me the possibility to get more excelsiors cristals to be able to make some new content, more than once every 5-15 days.
    If not possible i suggest to "fix" those "old" adventures, re-balance them as only 5% are used by players. who said "The Black Knights" ? ^_^ The most used and abused adventure during Events and Out of them.
    Onother thing is that , every day more often i prefer to spend my time in the game trading other than making adventures as the 15/30 minutes of waiting to play is boring as hell aswell. And i think i'm not the only one, playing that way. You can immagine the long term situation how can evolve.

    P.s give those new generals and then to all old ones, some sort of skill to move faster , construct/deconstruct the camp faster as , after waiting the generals to get to "the adventure's island" for half an hour, the 80% of the "funny gameplay" is to watch the generals get to enemy camp to attack, wait them to come back , wait them to move to another position.

    i would like a new kind of adventure for example the first thing that comes in mind :
    enemy camps with a variable range of troops inside generated every time i start the adventure
    i would strongly prefer spend my time making some sort of calculation for best attack every time other than waiting 30 mins to play or generals to come back.
    Last edited by Marqee; 11.11.16 at 06:30.

Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Ubisoft uses cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our websites. By continuing to use this site you agree to accept these cookies. More info on our privacy.