Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Upgrading of Buildings

Monde
    Prestaging

Upgrading of Buildings

Just wondering, (Q1) would it be possible to introduce some buff (Expert Builder, Master Builder or similar) that would shorten the time to upgrade buildings? (Q2) Would this be a welcome addition to the game? (Q3) Should it be available all the time or a reward for some special event? (Q4) What sort of cost should be involved to obtain it? (Q5) Should it be available to all players, or only to those who can afford to purchase gems?

By all means, please give feedback of your opinions on this, as I believe that it could be very beneficial to the game.

My personal idea on this is as follows:-
    Q1:- Yes, good idea and useful, especially for players who are on line less seldom than most.
    Q2:- Very welcome, as it would enable upgrading at a faster rate on occasion, especially when quests call for a number of buildings at a certain level.
    Q3:- It should be available at all times to all players.
    Q4:- Cost should be dependent on the level of the player and should cost raw materials (such as Stone and Copper, Marble and Iron/Steel, Granite and Platinum/Titanium/Saltpeter
    Q5:- I personally believe that nothing should "only" be available to those who can purchase gems, as this gives an unfair advantage over people who are unable to afford to pay out rl cash, such as minors, unemployed, disenfranchised.

Blue Byte Gamedesign Team BB_Alex's Avatar
    Monde
    Prestaging
    Quote Originally Posted by Hano View Post
    Just wondering, (Q1) would it be possible to introduce some buff (Expert Builder, Master Builder or similar) that would shorten the time to upgrade buildings? (Q2) Would this be a welcome addition to the game? (Q3) Should it be available all the time or a reward for some special event? (Q4) What sort of cost should be involved to obtain it? (Q5) Should it be available to all players, or only to those who can afford to purchase gems?

By all means, please give feedback of your opinions on this, as I believe that it could be very beneficial to the game.

My personal idea on this is as follows:-
    Q1:- Yes, good idea and useful, especially for players who are on line less seldom than most.
    Q2:- Very welcome, as it would enable upgrading at a faster rate on occasion, especially when quests call for a number of buildings at a certain level.
    Q3:- It should be available at all times to all players.
    Q4:- Cost should be dependent on the level of the player and should cost raw materials (such as Stone and Copper, Marble and Iron/Steel, Granite and Platinum/Titanium/Saltpeter
    Q5:- I personally believe that nothing should "only" be available to those who can purchase gems, as this gives an unfair advantage over people who are unable to afford to pay out rl cash, such as minors, unemployed, disenfranchised.
    Hi Hano,

thank you for your feedback. I want to take the time and tell you one important thing. "Everything is possible". Now let me answer your questions:

1. Yes
    2. Not sure here, it might be a welcomed addition. Heavily depending on how we handle specific questions.
    3. To make sure it doesn't apply to much damage, if it would've a negative impact, I have to keep it unique and quite hard to obtain. This means not available all the time
    4. Quite high costs. Making it dependent on player level would punish player, who want to progress.
    5. To all players.

I have to think about it in details. After this short peek on this topic I am against such a buff right now.

Have fun!
    BB_Alex

Monde
    Prestaging
    Thanx BB_Alex for your preliminary feedback. Perhaps, on some points, I have not made myself perfectly clear, and will try to rectify that with my answers.

"Making it dependent on player level" :- By this, I meant that it would, perhaps, be available to players at most levels, with upgrades for, for instance, a low level building costing less than an upgrade for a higher level building (such as a Pinewood Cutter upgrade costing less than a Exotic Wood Cutter upgrade). This would mean that a lower level player would be able to upgrade their building while still being able to level through the normal channels.

"High Costs" again, would be in line with the level of access to the building. (Such as a Pinewood Cutter costing 5000 Pinewood planks and an Exotic Wood Cutter costing 5000 Exotic Wood Planks, or something similar ) I do not see how this would "punish" any player who wishes to progress, as with all other buffs, they are available "should the player wish to access them", they are not compulsory for progression, however, in quests such as "The Good Captain Part 3", the player HAS to have 2 level 5 Platinum Weaponsmith's to achieve the quest objective, which is "punishing" the player who is more interested in progression than building up their home islands.

Nice to see you appreciate 1,2 and 5. Again thank you for your swift feedback, but it may be something that could be put to a poll of players sometime in the future. This is just an Idea, not something I believe should be introduced in haste. It needs much discussion and thought, like any public "idea" should have. Hopefully there will be more feedback from the general community shortly, and we all will be able to see what there is "for" the idea, and what "snags" or "cons" there are against it.

Monde
    Prestaging
    For past few years or since the first introduction of the skill system and the very first dev diarys some of us were or are still waiting for the possibly now abandoned Mayor, island or economy skill trees to spend books on to improve things like these...

Blue Byte Gamedesign Team BB_Alex's Avatar
    Monde
    Prestaging
    Quote Originally Posted by Hano View Post
    Thanx BB_Alex for your preliminary feedback. Perhaps, on some points, I have not made myself perfectly clear, and will try to rectify that with my answers.

"Making it dependent on player level" :- By this, I meant that it would, perhaps, be available to players at most levels, with upgrades for, for instance, a low level building costing less than an upgrade for a higher level building (such as a Pinewood Cutter upgrade costing less than a Exotic Wood Cutter upgrade). This would mean that a lower level player would be able to upgrade their building while still being able to level through the normal channels.

"High Costs" again, would be in line with the level of access to the building. (Such as a Pinewood Cutter costing 5000 Pinewood planks and an Exotic Wood Cutter costing 5000 Exotic Wood Planks, or something similar ) I do not see how this would "punish" any player who wishes to progress, as with all other buffs, they are available "should the player wish to access them", they are not compulsory for progression, however, in quests such as "The Good Captain Part 3", the player HAS to have 2 level 5 Platinum Weaponsmith's to achieve the quest objective, which is "punishing" the player who is more interested in progression than building up their home islands.

Nice to see you appreciate 1,2 and 5. Again thank you for your swift feedback, but it may be something that could be put to a poll of players sometime in the future. This is just an Idea, not something I believe should be introduced in haste. It needs much discussion and thought, like any public "idea" should have. Hopefully there will be more feedback from the general community shortly, and we all will be able to see what there is "for" the idea, and what "snags" or "cons" there are against it.

I see it as "punishment" if there is no gameplay alternative. Increasing costs for one single buff without the player to decide if he want those costs to be increased is "punishment" in my opinion. And yes the quest you mentioned is falling under this topic. There is no alternative to solve this quest. I think we should aim to get rid of such unpleasant things over time.

We could start a discussion about the games focus being on building up your economy, but this discussion wouldn't be productive.

Such a buff requires a proper design, otherwise it won't be a good addition to the game.

Have fun
    BB_Alex
    Last edited by BB_Alex; 29.09.16 at 11:31.

Monde
    Prestaging
    A good "fix" would be the change of upgrade time for some specific buildings. barracks , for example, i'll never upgrade them to lvl 5 neither lvl 6 as it would mean to not play for 1+1 weeks..

Monde
    Prestaging
    I dont know your level - but at lvl 56 you can switch between doing 'normal' adventures and arabian night adventures - then you can upgrade one barracks while using the other

Monde
    Prestaging
    Quote Originally Posted by fylla View Post
    I dont know your level - but at lvl 56 you can switch between doing 'normal' adventures and arabian night adventures - then you can upgrade one barracks while using the other
    elite barracks takes ages aven at lvl 6 to produce troops.
    Using elites while the normal barrack is upgrading means stop playing for more than a "while".

Monde
    Prestaging
    1. 7 days of upgrading barracks isn't a problem. If it is, then you should maybe ask a doctor for advice. Or go to the sea. Or go out jogging.
    2. There is already a buff that shortens upgrade times, it is called gems.

But to be serious, I can't see a problem in creating a buff that halves upgrade times for example. Alex says that it would need a proper design. What do you mean Alex, graphics? Come on. What other problems do you expect from such buffs? The only one that comes to my mind is, that less people would spend gems on upgrading buildings and I can understand it. But on the other hand, if people could halve upgrade times with a buff and then pay less amount of gems to complete it, wouldn't it be the same for BB? But there's a problem. TSO is the only game I know, where costs in gems don't decrease in time. I mean if upgrading a fairytale castle from 5 to 6 costs 62830 gems, who is insane enough to pay for it? How many people did it? 100? But I'm sure that if the cost was halved after 5 days of upgrading, many more people would decide to do it.

And speaking of buffs that shorten something, I would love a buff that shortens generals' travelling for adventures. Or at least an option to do it with gems (like you do with explorers).

Monde
    Prestaging
    I Think there is already a possibillity to upgrade for gems instantly, but this function is daylight robbery, and if BB would make it cheaper people would actually buy this, I don't think many people do this, so please look into your reporting and make realistic prices. 1/10 of the prices we have know would be fair.
    A Buff to upgrade faster would be nice like upgrading the barracs is quite annoying.

Reply to Thread