Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Upgrading of Buildings

Monde
    Prestaging
    why not make it a recipe...? The "speed up building buff" (zone wide or not) is long overdue.

Monde
    Prestaging
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Alex View Post
    I see it as "punishment" if there is no gameplay alternative. Increasing costs for one single buff without the player to decide if he want those costs to be increased is "punishment" in my opinion. And yes the quest you mentioned is falling under this topic. There is no alternative to solve this quest. I think we should aim to get rid of such unpleasant things over time.

We could start a discussion about the games focus being on building up your economy, but this discussion wouldn't be productive.

Such a buff requires a proper design, otherwise it won't be a good addition to the game.

Have fun
    BB_Alex
    can you then please explain why it makes sense to increase the costs for the bookmaker after a certain amount of books has been produced? This is basically the same

Monde
    Prestaging
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAssistant View Post
    1. 7 days of upgrading barracks isn't a problem. If it is, then you should maybe ask a doctor for advice. Or go to the sea. Or go out jogging.
    2. There is already a buff that shortens upgrade times, it is called gems.

But to be serious, I can't see a problem in creating a buff that halves upgrade times for example. Alex says that it would need a proper design. What do you mean Alex, graphics? Come on. What other problems do you expect from such buffs? The only one that comes to my mind is, that less people would spend gems on upgrading buildings and I can understand it. But on the other hand, if people could halve upgrade times with a buff and then pay less amount of gems to complete it, wouldn't it be the same for BB? But there's a problem. TSO is the only game I know, where costs in gems don't decrease in time. I mean if upgrading a fairytale castle from 5 to 6 costs 62830 gems, who is insane enough to pay for it? How many people did it? 100? But I'm sure that if the cost was halved after 5 days of upgrading, many more people would decide to do it.

And speaking of buffs that shorten something, I would love a buff that shortens generals' travelling for adventures. Or at least an option to do it with gems (like you do with explorers).
    I would be surprised if they made even 1 of those sells. These prices are ridiculous. They should be less then a 10th of the current prices, then I might use them occassionally

Monde
    Prestaging
    Game's tuned in the way the expected playtime seems to be raised to few years.

In this case complaining about having to wait 7 days for a building to upgrade (which in most cases is a one time thing) is just ridiculous. Come on, there's plenty of things you have more reason to complain about.

Monde
    Prestaging
    nobody's complaining

Monde
    Prestaging
    I find it kind of annoying, but it's manageable to work around it. When I upgraded my barracks, I made sure I had a stockpile of over a week's worth of troops. Now I just regularly retain that amount as a base amount just in case. I'm getting ready to upgrade my friaries, so I just plunked down a bunch of temporary breweries. In the end, the production increase makes up for the temporary sacrifice.
    Last edited by Gwalben; 28.11.16 at 05:02.

Reply to Thread