Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Feedback: Changelog 10/21/2016

Monde
    Prestaging
    Quote Originally Posted by bri0sheje View Post
    Consider how powerful the splash damage + flanking one is, I think it's perfect for any kind of camp in any ali, regardless the amount of unit
    Rule of a thumb when creating an army composition in this game is you start with figuring out how many defensive units you need so that your expensive units dont get killed to easily. Considering that that I would rather wait with my enthusiasm until someone actually proves, that being able to carry a little more than half of the units Major can is enough to keep them safe.

Hopefully these will become more than the lootspot generals some people nagged about on forums, and if the reception is warm hopefully there is more hero generals to come.

Monde
    Prestaging
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
    Rule of a thumb when creating an army composition in this game is you start with figuring out how many defensive units you need so that your expensive units dont get killed to easily. Considering that that I would rather wait with my enthusiasm until someone actually proves, that being able to carry a little more than half of the units Major can is enough to keep them safe.

Hopefully these will become more than the lootspot generals some people nagged about on forums, and if the reception is warm hopefully there is more hero generals to come.
    Let's not forget that these are free generals, hence I'm not expecting to have them to be better than major general in every circumstances, but I'm expecting them to be along the MMA.

If you think about some camps that are quite hard to defeat (again, the same example that I popped up somewhere else: 100 sword master + 100 desert Marksmen), though, they may come VERY handy.

What comes immediatly to my mind is that regardless the amount of units they bring (hopefully 150+), taking out the attack weakest skill to the enemy is incredibly useful. Moreover, giving to your units the same skill would allow you to have mounter marksmen devastating desert marksmen immediatly, which is insanely useful.

Oh, side note, the one that gives 0% accuracy to enemies allows to do some camps with 0 losses, lol.

Monde
    Prestaging
    They are available for all - if carrying more troops they would kill game - 1 of the new generals - carrying 220 units would be all that is needed to finish many of the below level 42 adventures. So no need to do them - select them in star - start them - wait 1 hour - get the loot.

Take Nusala - ( if info on german fan-site is correct ) attack 2000-2500 - at 90% accuracy - splash damage, first strike, attack weakest - give troops attack weakest and splash damage. - loaded with 150 soldiers will be like 2 fully loaded MMA's attacking in 1 wave.

Have not done any calculations - but on wots you can probably load Nusala with 150 soldiers, send attack on tower, and wait for adventure to finish.
    will need to test it to know.

The extra ability will give sim-people something of a problem I think

Monde
    Prestaging
    Quote Originally Posted by fylla View Post
    They are available for all - if carrying more troops they would kill game - 1 of the new generals - carrying 220 units would be all that is needed to finish many of the below level 42 adventures. So no need to do them - select them in star - start them - wait 1 hour - get the loot.

Take Nusala - ( if info on german fan-site is correct ) attack 2000-2500 - at 90% accuracy - splash damage, first strike, attack weakest - give troops attack weakest and splash damage. - loaded with 150 soldiers will be like 2 fully loaded MMA's attacking in 1 wave.

Have not done any calculations - but on wots you can probably load Nusala with 150 soldiers, send attack on tower, and wait for adventure to finish.
    will need to test it to know.

The extra ability will give sim-people something of a problem I think
    Nusala seems to be very interesting right now (both for alì and for older adventures, as 2k-2.5k damage splash damage first strike is very interesting), though in some circumstances Vargus can be more useful.

The extra abilities should not create too many problems to the sim guys though, it's just another ruleset of fight rules, but since the indexing remains the same there shouldn't be any particular complication behind that.

Monde
    Prestaging
    Basically the same content in the shop as last year, but interesting things like new generals and two Gingerbread houses are only in the calendar.
    Seems that I don't need to play the event this year. I need only to log in and open the calendar door each day to get the cool stuff.
    I played already two Christmas events and so there is nothing from interest in the shop for me except some missing recipes and grout.
    This will be an easy event.

Monde
    Prestaging
    Quote Originally Posted by MacKea View Post
    Basically the same content in the shop as last year, but interesting things like new generals and two Gingerbread houses are only in the calendar.
    Seems that I don't need to play the event this year. I need only to log in and open the calendar door each day to get the cool stuff.
    I played already two Christmas events and so there is nothing from interest in the shop for me except some missing recipes and grout.
    This will be an easy event.
    Maybe, but as long as it's done like the halloween event I'm perfectly fine. I'm feeling that the current halloween event is the most balanced one since ages.

Also, adding these generals to the pool makes the event very interesting.

Blue Byte Gamedesign Team BB_Alex's Avatar
    Monde
    Prestaging
    Hi all,

it's nice to see some of you showing so much interest in those generals. I wanted to mention, that the balancing of those generals is not final. The traits are very unique and should provide new opportunities. On the other hand those three generals have to be balanced to be on the same level, which means the values will change.

One additional note. The trait "Explosive Ammunition" for Nusala should have impact on "offense/offensive" units. Offensive units are Bowman, Longbowman, Crossbowman, Marksman and Armored Marksman. This won't make her so much better compared to Vargus and Anslem.

But as mentioned above, the exact functionality of those traits might change. The values (damage, hit chance, capacity and so on) of the generals might change, too. The goal is to reach a balance between those three, and still make them different in playstyle.

Have fun
    BB_Alex

Monde
    Prestaging
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Alex View Post
    On the other hand those three generals have to be balanced to be on the same level, which means the values will change.
    OK, let's wait then.
    The idea of three new generals is beautiful, especially that I proposed something similar on live forum (and as you may guess, it didn't get very positive feedback - TSO players are schizofrenic apparently).
    One thought that I would like to share: as a 63lvl player, I'd expect a really powerful general (with 300 units maybe) and a new military unit for common adventures available for 63+lvl players.

Monde
    Prestaging
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Alex View Post
    Hi all,

it's nice to see some of you showing so much interest in those generals. I wanted to mention, that the balancing of those generals is not final. The traits are very unique and should provide new opportunities. On the other hand those three generals have to be balanced to be on the same level, which means the values will change.

One additional note. The trait "Explosive Ammunition" for Nusala should have impact on "offense/offensive" units. Offensive units are Bowman, Longbowman, Crossbowman, Marksman and Armored Marksman. This won't make her so much better compared to Vargus and Anslem.

But as mentioned above, the exact functionality of those traits might change. The values (damage, hit chance, capacity and so on) of the generals might change, too. The goal is to reach a balance between those three, and still make them different in playstyle.

Have fun
    BB_Alex
    Thanks for clarifying, it now makes sense, since I was expecting the possibility to use knights and swordmen with splash damage and attack weakest.

As a side note, though, I would add mounted marksmen to the list, because else such general doesn't make much sense to me (none of these have first strike, which would make such a skill useless, because you won't be able to counter the camps that area meant to be countered, unless I'm misunderstanding the logic of that general).

Being clearer, I can foresee Nusala as the perfect general to drain camps with Sword Masters and Desert Marksmen, which is the only painful combination in the current meta to me (it's a very expensive one): having a general that gives attack weakest to mounted marksmen would be a perfect deal with 150 units, as you will still need to have a good wall of MSW to counter the alive units. Giving such skills to "normal initiative units" would make the general pretty senseless to me, regardless the amount of splash damage it deals, because you still will lose important units, so it will result in pure garbage.

On the other hand, Vargus would be much more appropriate for most uses if that's the case, because being able to avoid foxes damage on low units and allowing him to cover MM from any kind of first strike attack weakest damage would be pretty much better than anything else right now.

About Anslem.. Fine? but i can't really foresee how much he can be useful in the current meta, as the 0% damage of some units is still extremely high. I may see some low level players gathering it to save many losses on low level adventures.

Not that I'm inventing anything here, don't take these as criticism, these are just some further considerations that I'd like to see addressed before generals goes in the pure testing phase or live, since not giving this skill to MM is pretty much senseless for such a beautiful general

Quote Originally Posted by TheAssistant View Post
    OK, let's wait then.
    The idea of three new generals is beautiful, especially that I proposed something similar on live forum (and as you may guess, it didn't get very positive feedback - TSO players are schizofrenic apparently).
    One thought that I would like to share: as a 63lvl player, I'd expect a really powerful general (with 300 units maybe) and a new military unit for common adventures available for 63+lvl players.
    Totally agree.

Regardless these are the coolest generals out there it would be nice to have a 300 general or 250 general having some exclusive skills. I would run as hell to get them, and allowing level 63+ only to get them would bring me to grind like a horse until i get to level 63.

Monde
    Prestaging
    While its great we are getting new generals. I don't like the fact that we have to 'pick' one.

The problem is you won't know if you picked the right one until months later and you realize you picked the wrong one.

A perfect example of this is when they had Xmas Door where you had to choose Village School versus Floating Islands.
    (and this was back in the days when village schools could NOT be upgraded)

And later Village Schools was readjusted to be an upgradeable building. And a lot of people were upset that they didn't get Village School as their Xmas choice.

Reply to Thread