Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Feedback: Changelog 10/21/2016

Monde
    Prestaging
    Quote Originally Posted by bri0sheje View Post
    Oh, side note, the one that gives 0% accuracy to enemies allows to do some camps with 0 losses, lol.
    Until its proven otherwise, you can safely assume that 0% accurancy means they always miss which in most cases means half the damage, not zero damage.

Ironically enough this reduces the amount of defensive units needed by half, which might mean the actual damage output of this generals army might be the highest of the 3 in some (or even most) cases.
    Last edited by Skyfall; 24.10.16 at 21:08.

Monde
    Prestaging
    Quote Originally Posted by RonnieEmpire View Post
    While its great we are getting new generals. I don't like the fact that we have to 'pick' one.

The problem is you won't know if you picked the right one until months later and you realize you picked the wrong one.

A perfect example of this is when they had Xmas Door where you had to choose Village School versus Floating Islands.
    (and this was back in the days when village schools could NOT be upgraded)

And later Village Schools was readjusted to be an upgradeable building. And a lot of people were upset that they didn't get Village School as their Xmas choice.
    Come on, step up to the challenge.

Monde
    Prestaging
    Is there no new architect building, or will one be added later?

Also, I see that improved deerstalkers are not available for gems in the merchant. Is this intentional and planned to not have them available for gems after Halloween event?

Ty.
    Last edited by Testodactyl; 25.10.16 at 07:36.

Monde
    Prestaging
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
    Until its proven otherwise, you can safely assume that 0% accurancy means they always miss which in most cases means half the damage, not zero damage.

Ironically enough this reduces the amount of defensive units needed by half, which might mean the actual damage output of this generals army might be the highest of the 3 in some (or even most) cases.
    You should know me well enough right now to know that what I said is true.

In a nutshell, I was particularly refering to Island of the Pirates, where Caltrop have 0-22 damage, so reducing it to 0 will cause some camps to have no losses at all.

Ironically enough, though, such advantage can become insanely useless if you consider that some units have the min damage which is approximately more than the 60% of the max damage.

Now, if you consider the amount of camp types in this game, you can surely agree with me that the thoughest camps are the ones with first strike units owning attack weakest, as they are the ones that don't allow you to use first strike+attack weakest units (as they take down an impressive amount of these, and these are expensive and requires tons of time to produce), hence they force you to use a bigger wall for slow units to take everything down as soon as possible.

Regardless how much the losses are reduced with enemies with 0% accuracy, most of the camps that takes you a considerable amount of units will still take at least half of them down, which may result in a 14 MSW save like a 200 MSW save. However, considering that the thoughest camps are the ones with first strike+attack weakest units (see Horsemen, Foxes, Mounted Bowmen and so on) I can really foresee what my choice will probably be, if I will be forced to take just one of them.

Monde
    Prestaging
    Regardless of the new (exciting) generals, (why) did you BB give up generals' skill tree?

Blue Byte Gamedesign Team BB_Alex's Avatar
    Monde
    Prestaging
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAssistant View Post
    Regardless of the new (exciting) generals, (why) did you BB give up generals' skill tree?
    We did give up the skill tree for generals? I would like to see this statement, can't remember giving up on this feature.

Have fun
    BB_Alex

Monde
    Prestaging
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Alex View Post
    We did give up the skill tree for generals? I would like to see this statement, can't remember giving up on this feature.

Have fun
    BB_Alex
    Just asking
    (and waiting)

Monde
    Prestaging
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Alex View Post

Have fun
    BB_Alex
    At this point may I ask you whether you're planning to intruce more generals as rewards from excelsior activities / other activities? It would be great, since you're introducing three more of them already, to know if there is something else in the caudron . I will be glad to test every possible thing with every possible new general here

Monde
    Prestaging
    The longer I mull the new generals over, the more I think Vargus will be my choice. If flanking means attack weakest, and he takes this skill away from the enemy, he's going to make taking down all those fox camps in the Evil Queen chain a lot easier/less expensive.

As much as I would love to have Nusala give armoured marksman splash damage, they'd still get taken out before firing a shot by foxes, etc, unless I want to stack marksmen in front of them to take the hits. But that'd be too expensive to do. Militia forming a wall for cannoneers with splash damage would totally rock, or knights & besiegers too, but cannon & besiegers aren't listed by BB_Alex as offensive troops. (IDK, I'd be offended if they blew MY arm off!) I get that it may be a mechanics thing since both of them are last strike tho.

Another thought, since we can't use elite troops on lower level adventures, I have a feeling these new Champions may be restricted as well, which makes sense.

Anyway, time/testing time will tell. Hope we can get the Champions for a fish in the test merchant soon.

Monde
    Prestaging
    Flanking is most certainly, 'Attack weakest unit(s) first'.

All of these generals appear to have very comparable skills depending on their desired usage. Other important factors in the new general's value/usage are still to be announced: Number of troops carried; Hitpoints; Damage inflicted.

Looks very interesting indeed.

Reply to Thread