Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Bandit's Nest - Nusala's POV.

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    1,134
    Monde
    Prestaging

    Bandit's Nest - Nusala's POV.

    As a feedback reference, I feel like she fits pretty well in this adventure.

    I went on by trying to mind-play the map only on the camps that have to be defeated, not the blocked ones.

    Taking, once again, Evil_J's adventures (because I like him as a person and because I like his way to make tactical maps pretty clear), here are some setups where Nusala is shining (compared against MMA + Major or... well, WITH them!):

    EVILJ's tactical map for reference: http://i.imgur.com/SmvuKDj.png

    Camps setups:

    C1 NUSALA: 37R 104C 24XB [max 37R losses] (http://image.prntscr.com/image/8d649...db0c396ccc.png)
    C2 NUSALA: 54R 111E [54R losses] (http://image.prntscr.com/image/ab272...922ad7036e.png)

    L1 NUSALA: 14M 20S 131K [14M 20S losses] (http://image.prntscr.com/image/4349d...0dd31944a0.png)
    L2 NUSALA: 34S 1E 34C 37XB 59K [34 S losses] (http://image.prntscr.com/image/a3103...9ae46a2803.png)

    L3: 3 waves possible setup: {
    MMA 1R (takes out wolves) (http://image.prntscr.com/image/71bf9...90b4a57dae.png)
    NUSALA 165B (takes out instantly bowguys + splash damage roughnecks!) (http://image.prntscr.com/image/5a622...dd13e4b302.png) (this is where she gets impressive)
    MMA 16R 1E 87C 116XB [17R 165B losses] (
    }
    2 waves setup: {
    NUSALA 1R
    MAJOR 31S 1E 40C 128XB 78K [31S + 1R losses]
    }

    So, where does Nusala exactly shine? Techincally, nowhere: she slightly decrease losses and allow you to choose a wider troups range to lose.

    The fact that she has a so low units limit forces you to lose high ranked troups on leader camps if you want her to win the battle, else she can abuse of her splash damage ability to actually deal a pretty decent amount of damage.

    Please note that in L3 she mostly is useful for taking down a significant amount of units, either the bowguys or the dogs really (or both), but she doesn't make a SO significant difference compared to the MMA if you warp her (in such a leader), because as long as there are high hp units she gets less relevant whatsoever.

    I do appreciate, however, that she seems to get more relevant on innocent camps (like C1 or C2 really), where both MMA and Major already have good setups, but she just can be like "yo, I'm going to take down this camp in a single wave because I give splash damage and attack weakest, dudes". I will test her on higher adventures aswell, as she seems to pretty good to finish a battle earlier (Also, note that she can take down Castles faster than MMA!). I feel like we are all losing her value here: she is GREAT against all these camps that are easy already: you can ABUSE the fact that she can give splash damage to offensive units. This comes quite handy on camps that previously were skipped because they were easy to block, or these strange setups where you can use first strike units but the enemy wall is so strong that they really are not worth the use.

  2. #2

    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    142
    Monde
    Prestaging
    Not exactly impressed with those numbers, but that's going from a full warchest perspective.

    Assuming I'm a beggar and don't even have a Vet, it's not too shabby overall. I can't really pin an equal comparison up myself, as far as I'm concerned, I haven't lost any M/LB/S/C in attacks/sacs for ages already and got everything trimmed to be R only and as few B as possible (...only M/LB/S/C losses I have is to make a block 100% secure).

    Except for the leader camps (which I MMA > Major except for L2) it does look pretty alright actually. C2 is a pretty big saving over Evil's setup not to mention (though with spare MMAs sitting around...I bring 3 to the party xP) so it would be a bit too harsh to say "not good". As I said, not impressed, but alright...leader camps are certainly something I'd make a change of plan as those numbers already hurt to look at lol

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    1,134
    Monde
    Prestaging
    Quote Originally Posted by Ceruhe View Post
    C2 is a pretty big saving over Evil's setup
    That's exactly what surprised me (along with C1).

    It's bizarre, but if you take any single irrelevant camp in this game and give it to nusala, she will reduce the losses on it.

    I know that, overall, the losses are not decreased just THAT much, but if you consider that you might be that guy without a Major or a veteran, such general can be a great choice for low-tier adventures.

    Besides, I believe she does pretty well in similar adventures aswell (like traitors, sons of the veld, wild mary..?).

    As an experiment, try to take the camps you won't defeat (that you're blocking) of this adventure, and try to defeat them with a major first and then with Nusala, it's interesting, lol (she mostly relies on that splash damage attack weakest advantage, seriously).

  4. #4

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    411
    Monde
    Prestaging
    Quote Originally Posted by bri0sheje View Post
    That's exactly what surprised me (along with C1).

    It's bizarre, but if you take any single irrelevant camp in this game and give it to nusala, she will reduce the losses on it.
    Really good camp for test new generals

    With vargus you can save more on that camp 50R 1ES 129C.
    even anslem is also good on that camp max losses 64R.

    lower level player should choose very wise, because they have benefit from all 3 general. Nusala have "wide range" you can use on "every" camp.
    vargus give benifit only on camps with dogs (and other unist with attack weakest target skill) and for anslem you must kill camp in one round (on some capm can work with two).

    Only question who had enough time to test in more adventures
    BB don't understand their own game

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    1,134
    Monde
    Prestaging
    Quote Originally Posted by corona88 View Post
    Really good camp for test new generals

    With vargus you can save more on that camp 50R 1ES 129C.
    even anslem is also good on that camp max losses 64R.

    lower level player should choose very wise, because they have benefit from all 3 general. Nusala have "wide range" you can use on "every" camp.
    vargus give benifit only on camps with dogs (and other unist with attack weakest target skill) and for anslem you must kill camp in one round (on some capm can work with two).

    Only question who had enough time to test in more adventures
    Nice one about these, I didn't really think how Vargus could've been on that one!

    I'm trying to come up with various rulesets, and it really looks like that me and you (and probably many others) will probably choose Vargus as you also mentioned in another post already: Try him in woodcutter against C3 and all these camps with Swordguys + Mounted bowmen, he is just amazing and reduces looses by a third (Also... Ahem. There is a cool final boss in woodcutter who has that hilarious "attack weakest", perhaps vargus may help there too).

    About Nusala, she is great against any camp having both Cavalry+Bowmen units, as she most of the times will kill both in a single shot (black knights for example is a very good adventure for her from what I've seen).

    Anslem is fine everywhere, though whenever you will get a major.. Not sure about this one, really. I will test everything as much as possible anyway, regardless how much time it will take me

  6. #6

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    411
    Monde
    Prestaging
    Quote Originally Posted by bri0sheje View Post
    Nice one about these, I didn't really think how Vargus could've been on that one!

    I'm trying to come up with various rulesets, and it really looks like that me and you (and probably many others) will probably choose Vargus as you also mentioned in another post already: Try him in woodcutter against C3 and all these camps with Swordguys + Mounted bowmen, he is just amazing and reduces looses by a third.

    About Nusala, she is great against any camp having both Cavalry+Bowmen units, as she most of the times will kill both in a single shot (black knights for example is a very good adventure for her from what I've seen).

    Anslem is fine everywhere, though whenever you will get a major.. Not sure about this one, really. I will test everything as much as possible anyway, regardless how much time it will take me
    tested all 3 in woodcutter
    camp 80 swordwielder 80 Mouted Bowman (first camp sector 2)
    anslem: 8MS 64K 78B (7MS 60k - 7Ms 61K - 8MS 64K 1B)
    nusala: worthless
    vargus: 40MS 140B (30-34-40MS)
    MG: 10MS 135K 125B (8MS 56K-9MS 62K-10MS 68K)

    camp 90 Swordclasher 80 Mouted Bowman (first camp sector 3)
    anslem: 150K (74-76-80K)
    nusala: worthless
    vargus: 21MS 159MM (17-18-20MS)
    MG: 240K 30B (57-62-67K)

    camp 90 Mouted Bowman 90 Desert Marksmen (last sector first camp)
    anslem 150K (78-80-86K)
    nusala: worthless
    vargus: 23MS 157MM (19-20-22MS)
    MG/vet: 200K 50B (65-70-75K)

    this only if you want destroy camp in one wave. nusala is only for sacrifice here. i don't test how many you can save when you sacrifice
    BB don't understand their own game

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    1,134
    Monde
    Prestaging
    Quote Originally Posted by corona88 View Post
    tested all 3 in woodcutter
    camp 80 swordwielder 80 Mouted Bowman (first camp sector 2)
    anslem: 8MS 64K 78B (7MS 60k - 7Ms 61K - 8MS 64K 1B)
    nusala: worthless
    vargus: 40MS 140B (30-34-40MS)
    MG: 10MS 135K 125B (8MS 56K-9MS 62K-10MS 68K)

    camp 90 Swordclasher 80 Mouted Bowman (first camp sector 3)
    anslem: 150K (74-76-80K)
    nusala: worthless
    vargus: 21MS 159MM (17-18-20MS)
    MG: 240K 30B (57-62-67K)

    camp 90 Mouted Bowman 90 Desert Marksmen (last sector first camp)
    anslem 150K (78-80-86K)
    nusala: worthless
    vargus: 23MS 157MM (19-20-22MS)
    MG/vet: 200K 50B (65-70-75K)

    this only if you want destroy camp in one wave. nusala is only for sacrifice here. i don't test how many you can save when you sacrifice
    Exactly. Vargus shines there. Just it.

    I think he fits better the ali challenges, while if you try any low tier fairytale (from vlt to blt), Anslem shines.

    Also, Vargus combined with MMA shines even better. If you own 5 MMAs like me you would have your ideas pretty clear at that point, else you may still be prompt to choose nusala for warping her whenever you can.

    Anslem is pretty good against setups like Bears + Foxes, Boars + Foxes, Wolfpack + Foxes... Wherever there is a fox.
    Last edited by bri0sheje; 09.11.16 at 20:58.

Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Ubisoft uses cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our websites. By continuing to use this site you agree to accept these cookies. More info on our privacy.