Reply to Thread

Thread: Star menu

Monde
    Prestaging

Star menu

Why I am unable to return general to star menu on adventure?
    I think it should be great!

Could you add cancel cross next to the search window? This cancel cross will clear the text entered in filter.

Blue Byte Gamedesign Team BB_Alex's Avatar
    Monde
    Prestaging
    Quote Originally Posted by LosAngel View Post
    Why I am unable to return general to star menu on adventure?
    I think it should be great!

Could you add cancel cross next to the search window? This cancel cross will clear the text entered in filter.
    Because you would be able to skip transfer time by doing this. As long as we didn't implement a way, which would take care of this, we decided to not allow the mechanic on adventures.

Monde
    Prestaging
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Alex View Post
    Because you would be able to skip transfer time by doing this. As long as we didn't implement a way, which would take care of this, we decided to not allow the mechanic on adventures.
    That's something I've always wondered about.

My question, however, is: how relevant is such a time? Besides, it would be a very nice feature, since sometimes the landing areas are so small that you can't really land that many generals (see woodcutter or sea snake). A possible fast fix could be allowing the button only if the general has just landed (something like a flag) and didn't yet move or attack any camp. In that way we could be able to switch generals faster (in woodcutter I keep getting both major generals in the star menu C: )

Monde
    Prestaging
    Do you mean transferring generals to a different zones ? If you are then as far as I can see the time is identical unless I'm missing something.

As it exists now we hit the send button and we see two processes take place. First there is the camp deconstruction time followed by the actual zone transfer.

What we asking for by asking to send general to star from adventure involves the camp deconstruction phase. If we then decide to then send them to another zone we have already invested the time for deconstruction so the end result is by both ways the total time is identical.

Monde
    Prestaging
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorothon View Post
    Do you mean transferring generals to a different zones ? If you are then as far as I can see the time is identical unless I'm missing something.

As it exists now we hit the send button and we see two processes take place. First there is the camp deconstruction time followed by the actual zone transfer.

What we asking for by asking to send general to star from adventure involves the camp deconstruction phase. If we then decide to then send them to another zone we have already invested the time for deconstruction so the end result is by both ways the total time is identical.
    The transfer between zones is what we call "travel". The "transfer" I am talking about is moving the general from one place to another on the same zone.

Edit: Traveling between zones is almost not an issue in this case. What we really have to take into account is the handling on the adventures zone itself.

1. Normally there is a building, which is used as a hub during the action of sending the general to the star menu. Those hub buildings are store houses and the mayor's house. If we would use the same mechanic, which makes sense from the technical point, we would require a "hub" building on each adventure. This would also keep the functionality consistant for the player (deconstruction -> movement to building -> star menu or star menu -> movement to place -> construction)
    2. A hub building would solve the "skip transfer" issue, if the building is always placed in the first sector, but I am sure a lot pleayer won't like this.
    3. the issue will remain if we do not introduce a hub building and the general is instantly in the star after the deconstruction phase.

There are several small issue with it, and we have to find answers before we approach an implementation.
    Last edited by BB_Alex; 20.12.16 at 17:00.

Monde
    Prestaging
    I have simple solution for this.
    Enable this button after 15min for fast generals and 30min for normal generals.

Monde
    Prestaging
    Quote Originally Posted by LosAngel View Post
    I have simple solution for this.
    Enable this button after 15min for fast generals and 30min for normal generals.
    15 and 30 minutes are the travel times. Transfer is the function to move the general on the adventure map by using the "transfer" button in the UI.

There are always simple solutions. Just put a cooldown on it and it's done. And each simple solution requires some additional tasks, like implementing a timer to show the cooldown.

We will see how we will proceed with this topic in the future, I can't tell anything yet, since I don't know the answer yet.

Have fun
    BB_Alex

Monde
    Prestaging
    We already have a mechanic to move generals from star menu to adventure, but this only allows us to place the generals on the designated landing spots in the landing zone. Adding a mechanic to return generals to star would not allow us to transfer generals away from the landing zone, thus the issue of using it as a short cut on say fairy-tale or Ali bar-bars to get our generals nearer the final camps does not arise.

Monde
    Prestaging
    The transfer between zones is what we call "travel". The "transfer" I am talking about is moving the general from one place to another on the same zone.

Edit: Traveling between zones is almost not an issue in this case. What we really have to take into account is the handling on the adventures zone itself.

1. Normally there is a building, which is used as a hub during the action of sending the general to the star menu. Those hub buildings are store houses and the mayor's house. If we would use the same mechanic, which makes sense from the technical point, we would require a "hub" building on each adventure. This would also keep the functionality consistant for the player (deconstruction -> movement to building -> star menu or star menu -> movement to place -> construction)
    2. A hub building would solve the "skip transfer" issue, if the building is always placed in the first sector, but I am sure a lot pleayer won't like this.
    3. the issue will remain if we do not introduce a hub building and the general is instantly in the star after the deconstruction phase.

There are several small issue with it, and we have to find answers before we approach an implementation.
    About 2.
    If also allow setting up a hub building in every conquered coastal sector, I am sure most players would like that (and a UI that allow us to handle army leading generals without garrison.
    Why is [spoiler]spoiler-tag[/spoiler] turned off here in testserver forum?

Reply to Thread