Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 32 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 ... LastLast

Thread: New General Skill Tree

Monde
    Prestaging
    Question @BB...

BattleFrenzy is supposed to increase damage by 10% after every round..
    The replay shows rounds only upto the point where bad guys are getting killed, not the camp..
    But I assume that even in cases where bad guys are killed in 1 round, the camp / building itself gets destroyed in round 2, and hence benefit from the skill?

i.e.
    Round 1 - All bad guys are dead
    Round 2? - Camp / building is destroyed and skill BattleFrenzy helps destroy it faster?
    Or
    Round 2? - base skills apply in destroying the camp?

Thanks for other information provided so far..

Blue Byte Gamedesign Team BB_Vierauge's Avatar
    Monde
    Prestaging
    Quote Originally Posted by FeddaHeiko View Post
    @BB / BB_Vierauge: Repost my questions, hope for answer!
    1. In "Lost City": do adventure-buff overwrite general skills or vice versa?
      Example: Waterbuff increases the accuracy of C to 100%, Master Planner "only" + 10% => 90%
      Guess: It counts the higher one = adventure-buff.
    2. How are percentage values rounded? affects: Home Field Advantage, Battle Frenzy, First Aid.
      Guess: "half round up" meaning: 0,5 and higher up, other down
    3. Do the skills also affect the demolition of the camps?
      Guess: yes
      affects many skills, especially: Confident Leader, Battle Frenzy, Lightning Slash
    4. How do Battle Frenzy affects the demolition of camps?
      a) bonus from fight counts for demolition and more bonus will accumulate
      b) bonus from fight counts for demolition but no more bonus will accumulate
      c) bonus from fight is reset but new bonus will accumulate
      d) Battle Frenzy dont affects the demolition of camps
    5. How is Battle Frenzy increased?
      Example: Major general with Battle Frenzy 3
      Round 1: 120 damage
      Round 2: 120 + 30% = 156 damage
      a) Round 3: 120 + (2*30%) = 192 damage
      b) Round 3: (120 + 30%) + 30% = 202,8 damage
    1. Your units will have an accuracy of 100% while the buffs are active. No need to worry that the skills will overwrite that.
    2. Unit attributes are currently rounded down.
    3. We are working on applying the skills during the demolition phase. They currently do not.
    4. See above. Our intent is to use option b).
    5. Option a) is how all relative attribute bonuses are intended to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Poki View Post
    Bonus damage buildings Skill has been removed from the cannoneers see:Cannoneers lose skill "Bonus damage buildings"?
    This is a bug. While we are fixing it, we are also considering to add that ability to Besiegers. What are everyone's thoughts on that?

Quote Originally Posted by palindromo1 View Post
    I guess, this is wrong. As you see below, absolute bonuses are applied first, relatives second.
    Thank you for pointing that out. Please consider it a bug for now.

Monde
    Prestaging
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Vierauge View Post
    1. Your units will have an accuracy of 100% while the buffs are active. No need to worry that the skills will overwrite that.
    2. Unit attributes are currently rounded down.
    3. We are working on applying the skills during the demolition phase. They currently do not.
    4. See above. Our intent is to use option b).
    5. Option a) is how all relative attribute bonuses are intended to work.

This is a bug. While we are fixing it, we are also considering to add that ability to Besiegers. What are everyone's thoughts on that?

Thank you for pointing that out. Please consider it a bug for now.
    At this point I would kindly ask you to show an official thread with calculations rulesets, I do have them already setted down and working, but I'm not sure whether they are just working as intented, where by intended I don't mean how they work in-game, but how they are supposed to be working in-game.

I was calculating Battle Frenzy by increasing by 30% the damage of the army each round, because the description says so, so I guess that each time I should've just increased the damage by N%.

This is misleading and takes me more time, because I need to edit the whole function prototype chain because, at this point, I need to pass the round reference aswell.

Can you please confirm that, Battle Frenzy Related, the progress shown here is correct? Assuming the setup has an MMA with 220M for a battle lasting 5 rounds.

Code:
    round reference is: 1
    skills.ts?44fc:381 next wave damage of troup: MasterOfMartialArts is: 650 (max) and 585(min)
    skills.ts?44fc:381 next wave damage of troup: Militia is: 52 (max) and 26(min)
    skills.ts?44fc:360 round reference is: 2
    skills.ts?44fc:381 next wave damage of troup: MasterOfMartialArts is: 800 (max) and 720(min)
    skills.ts?44fc:381 next wave damage of troup: Militia is: 64 (max) and 32(min)
    skills.ts?44fc:360 round reference is: 3
    skills.ts?44fc:381 next wave damage of troup: MasterOfMartialArts is: 950 (max) and 855(min)
    skills.ts?44fc:381 next wave damage of troup: Militia is: 76 (max) and 38(min)
    skills.ts?44fc:360 round reference is: 4
    skills.ts?44fc:381 next wave damage of troup: MasterOfMartialArts is: 1100 (max) and 990(min)
    skills.ts?44fc:381 next wave damage of troup: Militia is: 88 (max) and 44(min)
    skills.ts?44fc:360 round reference is: 5
    skills.ts?44fc:381 next wave damage of troup: MasterOfMartialArts is: 1250 (max) and 1125(min)
    skills.ts?44fc:381 next wave damage of troup: Militia is: 100 (max) and 50(min)
    Last edited by bri0sheje; 22.02.17 at 20:22.

Monde
    Prestaging
    Quote Originally Posted by dandy View Post
    Wondering if this is the bug in how the damage is calculated, or bug in how splash skill got applied..
    Hope BB clarifies..

In the mean time, could you validate that splash works as expected?
    Thinking about how it shows 0, instead of 100% as of now..
    Possible that it literally is 0.. (and the bug)
    Splash damage works fine. The first attacks shows a damage of 25 on the dogs and 149 on the roughnecks. the shown damages in my post are from second attack. third an forth are also 174 damage on the roughnecks by GM.

Monde
    Prestaging
    Quote Originally Posted by bri0sheje View Post
    Can you please confirm that, Battle Frenzy Related, the progress shown here is correct? Assuming the setup has an MMA with 220M for a battle lasting 5 rounds.

Code:
    round reference is: 1
    skills.ts?44fc:381 next wave damage of troup: MasterOfMartialArts is: 650 (max) and 585(min)
    skills.ts?44fc:381 next wave damage of troup: Militia is: 52 (max) and 26(min)
    skills.ts?44fc:360 round reference is: 2
    skills.ts?44fc:381 next wave damage of troup: MasterOfMartialArts is: 800 (max) and 720(min)
    skills.ts?44fc:381 next wave damage of troup: Militia is: 64 (max) and 32(min)
    skills.ts?44fc:360 round reference is: 3
    skills.ts?44fc:381 next wave damage of troup: MasterOfMartialArts is: 950 (max) and 855(min)
    skills.ts?44fc:381 next wave damage of troup: Militia is: 76 (max) and 38(min)
    skills.ts?44fc:360 round reference is: 4
    skills.ts?44fc:381 next wave damage of troup: MasterOfMartialArts is: 1100 (max) and 990(min)
    skills.ts?44fc:381 next wave damage of troup: Militia is: 88 (max) and 44(min)
    skills.ts?44fc:360 round reference is: 5
    skills.ts?44fc:381 next wave damage of troup: MasterOfMartialArts is: 1250 (max) and 1125(min)
    skills.ts?44fc:381 next wave damage of troup: Militia is: 100 (max) and 50(min)
    Confirmed. This matches my calculations.

I will check if I can post the rule set tomorrow morning (Central European Time). I think the most important things have already been stated at this point though.

Monde
    Prestaging
    Wouldn't exactly complain about them getting it but also not whine if they don't.

Monde
    Prestaging
    Confirmed. This matches my calculations.

I will check if I can post the rule set tomorrow morning (Central European Time). I think the most important things have already been stated at this point though.
    Thanks (anyway, we think it is all set, but maybe it's not yet :P).

Monde
    Prestaging
    [...]
    Good to hear that it was not intended. Correct me if i am wrong, but currently all camps in the elite adventures have 250hp, so destruction will almost always take one round, if one uses besiegers. If you are planning to change some camps attributes, it would be a good addition.

Helmchen_
    I like it. And I think everybody does

I generally like the skills "Bounty Hunter", "First Aid", and "Hostile Takeover". However, they compete with skills that improve the combat performance of troops, and I don't think that too many players will sacrifice combat performance in order to get these skills.

Edit:

Maybe I'm wrong. Actually, the skills' position within the tree makes sense, at least for generals that are used for wirst waves (e. g. 200 Bowman). Any thoughts on that?
    Last edited by Helmchen_; 23.02.17 at 12:08. Reason: Ohhmmmm not so sure anymore :)

Monde
    Prestaging
    Quote Originally Posted by bri0sheje View Post
    At this point I would kindly ask you to show an official thread with calculations rulesets, I do have them already setted down and working, but I'm not sure whether they are just working as intented, where by intended I don't mean how they work in-game, but how they are supposed to be working in-game.
    Okay, so like I have said, the most relevant and general rules have already been covered in various replies here, but let me sum up everything in this post.

Note that these "rules" are our current intention and are subject to change.

Generals as units
    1. In combat, generals are considered units and are affected by all skills that effect the whole army.
    2. Exception: Generals cannot get flanked by enemies.
    Stacking (combat attributes)
    1. Absolute bonuses are applied before relative ones.
    2. Relative bonuses are summed up and applied to the base value and all absolute bonuses at once. They do not get multiplied with eachother.
    3. Example: A tavern general (120 AD) with full ranks in Juggernaut (+30 AD), Home Field Advantage (+20% AD) and Battle Frenzy (+30% AD after 1 round of combat) ends up with (120+30)*(100%+20%+30%)=225 attack damage.
    Stacking (time reduction)
    1. Reducing the time of certain general tasks (e.g. travel time) is currently limited to relative effects.
    2. Unlike for combat attributes, multiple time reductions are applied in sequence instead of all at once.
    3. Example: a quartermaster (15 minutes travel time) has maxed all Navigation skills (18%, 30% and 35% respectively). His new travel time will be 15min*(100%-18%)*(100%-30%)*(100%-35%)=5.5965min; or 5:35:79 minutes.
    Rounding
    1. All current skills that reward or restore certain benefits relative to a combat result are rounded up (ceiling).
    2. The aforementioned skills are First Aid, Hostile Takeover and Bounty Hunter.
    3. The aforementioned rule is not a general one and we may change how certain rewards are rounded on a case-by-case basis.
    4. Combat attributes are rounded down (floor).
    Attribute-specific rules
    1. Accuracy-effecting skills can be confusing because the attribute itself is measured in percent. Master planner adds 10% to that value, it does not multiply the original value by 1.1
    2. A total accuracy above 100% or below 0% has no additional effect.

I don't think this post warrants its own thread but I will see about linking or pasting it into this one's opening post.

Reply to Thread