Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast

Thread: MCC Simulator

Monde
    Prestaging
    Quote Originally Posted by Mannerheim View Post
    Thanks, fixed

Version 1.65 BETA

- Added map and setup name to the General statistics window
    - Added a new option for player general to hide it in the General statistics view
    - Fixed some errors that occurred during a single camp simulation

Download .ZIP from Google drive (Windows)
    Thank you for v 1.65
    I have some feedback.

Situation: I had no active hotkey with any general. After pressing F12 the app fails with an error (trying to press Fxx what will happen).
    • When I have chosen hotkey F8 for Mary Christmas, the app started working (SIM) using a hotkey.
    • When I am pressing F12 (not assigned to any general) one general (MAJOR without hotkey) start SIM (look at screenshot http://prntscr.com/m6z1o2 )
    • BTW F9 can be assigned to hotkey and F9 runs SIM (look at the TOP of the menu http://prntscr.com/m6z1o2 )

Guides by LosAngel (links): http://forum.thesettlersonline.cz/threads/3063
    Guides by LosAngel with general´s skills (links): http://forum.thesettlersonline.cz/threads/3103

All my guides are on http://settlersonlinemaps.com

Monde
    Prestaging
    When I choose YWC and the camp with 50 Horsemen/50 Dune Marksmen, then simulate attacks with my Mary in 'Find the best attackers for a camp' and only only MM and MS selected I get odd values (avg loss of 45MS OR 90MM) while in 'Custom simulation' I get avg 17MS loss when I use my standard setup for this camp, which is 20MS+195MM. What am I doing wrong?
    Also, when I choose any general for ''Find the best attackers for a camp' and select all type of units, the program freezes at 'preparing' in Simulation results window, while the simulator I regularly use needs half a second for the same task. What is going on?

Monde
    Prestaging
    Quote Originally Posted by LosAngel View Post
    Thank you for v 1.65
    I have some feedback.

Situation: I had no active hotkey with any general. After pressing F12 the app fails with an error (trying to press Fxx what will happen).
    • When I have chosen hotkey F8 for Mary Christmas, the app started working (SIM) using a hotkey.
    • When I am pressing F12 (not assigned to any general) one general (MAJOR without hotkey) start SIM (look at screenshot http://prntscr.com/m6z1o2 )
    • BTW F9 can be assigned to hotkey and F9 runs SIM (look at the TOP of the menu http://prntscr.com/m6z1o2 )
    F12 resimulates selected camp main attack / opens the minimap window but it gave an error if none was selected. I fixed it plus the other things you mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by LethoOfGulet View Post
    When I choose YWC and the camp with 50 Horsemen/50 Dune Marksmen, then simulate attacks with my Mary in 'Find the best attackers for a camp' and only only MM and MS selected I get odd values (avg loss of 45MS OR 90MM) while in 'Custom simulation' I get avg 17MS loss when I use my standard setup for this camp, which is 20MS+195MM. What am I doing wrong?
    Also, when I choose any general for ''Find the best attackers for a camp' and select all type of units, the program freezes at 'preparing' in Simulation results window, while the simulator I regularly use needs half a second for the same task. What is going on?
    What did your mary attack settings look like when you simulated that camp? If select everything it will require quite a lot of time to precache all the combinations and their related resources while most other sims probably just begin to try combinations one by one and are made for a single sim purposes.

Monde
    Prestaging
    What did your mary attack settings look like when you simulated that camp? If select everything it will require quite a lot of time to precache all the combinations and their related resources while most other sims probably just begin to try combinations one by one and are made for a single sim purposes.
    Preformance is not the biggest issue. The biggest problem is that if I choose only MM and MS in 'Find the best attackers for a camp' for Mary the simulator does not show the best solution which would be 20MS+195MM in this case (and which works perfectly in Custom simulation).

Monde
    Prestaging
    Preformance is not the biggest issue. The biggest problem is that if I choose only MM and MS in 'Find the best attackers for a camp' for Mary the simulator does not show the best solution which would be 20MS+195MM in this case (and which works perfectly in Custom simulation).
    There is a lot of settings that impact it eg. default troop step value is 10 (can be changed in settings) which would never try 195, only 190 and then 200. Then attack settings for troops and checkboxes also affect it so would need to know them too. Custom sim just tries with the given values.

Monde
    Prestaging
    There is a lot of settings that impact it eg. default troop step value is 10 (can be changed in settings) which would never try 195, only 190 and then 200. Then attack settings for troops and checkboxes also affect it so would need to know them too. Custom sim just tries with the given values.
    Thank you. I changed unit increment to 5 and now I get the results I want.

If select everything it will require quite a lot of time to precache all the combinations and their related resources.
    Regarding performance, is there a way/an option of exluding those related resources from the process - wouldn't it make simulations a bit faster?
    Last edited by LethoOfGulet; 18.01.19 at 13:17.

Monde
    Prestaging
    Regarding performance, is there a way/an option of exluding those related resources from the process - wouldn't it make simulations a bit faster?
    The checkboxes in attack rules help a lot. In next the version I will also cache more stuff so some things get faster.

Monde
    Prestaging
    New version 1.66 BETA

- Added some simulation related pre-calculating and caching to the app start which may result in slightly longer loading time
    - Added speed optimizations to various places which result in some features working multiple times faster, eg. Mary or full map simulation may be up to 2-8x faster than before
    - Changed the attacker hotkey label to be also visible when no hotkey is assiged with a text "Sim" for a quick simulate access
    - Fixed F12 causing error when no camp was selected
    - Fixed the general hotkey list to not to have a reserved F9 hoykey in the list
    - Fixed map setup set/clear/copy camps window for sometimes not saving the changes

NOTE: due amount of changes to the actual simulation code it's recommended to verify beta version sim results only at test server or cross check with older non beta versions/other simulators before using them on a real server. Alternatively wait for a non beta version.

Download .ZIP from Google drive (Windows)

Monde
    Prestaging
    Attack waves does not work in v1.66 beta.

Monde
    Prestaging
    Quote Originally Posted by General_Failure View Post
    Attack waves does not work in v1.66 beta.
    Thanks, will fix it later today.

Reply to Thread