Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Scout Post Feedback

Monde
    Prestaging

Scout Post Feedback

I was not that impressed with this cultural builidng.

First off, the thing is way too big. It is 2-3 times bigger than the spring park.

Second, a 2-hour buff for adventures is almost meaningless. For mid-level solo players like myself, this means doing the buff right before you finish the boss. Even with a shortler adventure the travel time back and forth would prevent more than a couple of runs. I get far more benefit from using Mary Christmas as a kamikaze general than I would from this cultural building.

Third, because this buff is basically a one-shot per cooldown, more than one building will be needed to see more than negliable increases. Except, will anyone truly have room for more than one of these? Again, this building is pretty big compared to Spring Park.

Fourth, the builidng uses bookends for the level of adventures I'm running. Bookends require titanium. I have failed to understand why so many holiday events treat titanium almost like currency. I stayed below level 50 on purpose for a couple of years because of this, and even at level 51, titanium is by far the resource I receive the least of. I don't get nearly enough of it to be spending it on a one-shot 20% EXP increase. Especially, when said adventure is unlikely to give back the amount of titanium being used. ( I have Exotic Wood coming out of my ears. Too bad there isn't some magic alchemy I could use to change exotic wood to titanium. ^_^ )

Blue Byte Gamedesign Team BB_Alex's Avatar
    Monde
    Prestaging
    Quote Originally Posted by NANDGate View Post
    I was not that impressed with this cultural builidng.

First off, the thing is way too big. It is 2-3 times bigger than the spring park.

Second, a 2-hour buff for adventures is almost meaningless. For mid-level solo players like myself, this means doing the buff right before you finish the boss. Even with a shortler adventure the travel time back and forth would prevent more than a couple of runs. I get far more benefit from using Mary Christmas as a kamikaze general than I would from this cultural building.

Third, because this buff is basically a one-shot per cooldown, more than one building will be needed to see more than negliable increases. Except, will anyone truly have room for more than one of these? Again, this building is pretty big compared to Spring Park.

Fourth, the builidng uses bookends for the level of adventures I'm running. Bookends require titanium. I have failed to understand why so many holiday events treat titanium almost like currency. I stayed below level 50 on purpose for a couple of years because of this, and even at level 51, titanium is by far the resource I receive the least of. I don't get nearly enough of it to be spending it on a one-shot 20% EXP increase. Especially, when said adventure is unlikely to give back the amount of titanium being used. ( I have Exotic Wood coming out of my ears. Too bad there isn't some magic alchemy I could use to change exotic wood to titanium. ^_^ )
    Those buffs are inherited by adventures and remain on those adventures until you finish them. 2 hours is the duration in which you can try to get as many adventures as possible to inherit the buff.

Monde
    Prestaging
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Alex View Post
    2 hours is the duration in which you can try to get as many adventures as possible to inherit the buff.
    Which in my case would be 1 as I play only YWC and/or MCC.
    It should be at least 4 hrs at correspondingly higher costs with 24h cooldown.

Wegklopper
    Quote Originally Posted by LethoOfGulet View Post
    Which in my case would be 1 as I play only YWC and/or MCC.
    It should be at least 4 hrs at correspondingly higher costs with 24h cooldown.
    Play "Princess" You can get up to +1.1M XP in less then 2 hrs. "Besieged City" is great as well.

Monde
    Prestaging
    Quote Originally Posted by Wegklopper View Post
    Play "Princess" You can get up to +1.1M XP in less then 2 hrs. "Besieged City" is great as well.
    You're almost absolutely right, except I'm sure you agree that it's a bit harder to get the Princess than to get the Woodcutter.
    Besides I don't know which Princess you play, mine gives me around 350k XP (fast version), so even if I played three of them within 2hrs (which - I guess - isn't impossible, I've never tried), I'd get additional c.a. 210k XP, which doesn't seem that much if you compare the losses in both adventures.

Monde
    Prestaging
    Its worth pointing out you only get so much if you milk it for EXP using Mary and even then its still worse than mass grinding YWC.

Especially if considered how many of YWC people have to even go through to drop a single Princess.

Regarding the building, I think the feedback is meaningless until we see the final conditions of obtaining multiple of those. If one can realistically plan on getting like 6-8 then it might not be that bad.

Monde
    Prestaging
    At the moment I have generals skilled to gain more XP+SC. At the moment I am able to do 1mil XP on Princess.
    https://prnt.sc/k5kxsb

Guides by LosAngel (links): http://forum.thesettlersonline.cz/threads/3063
    Guides by LosAngel with general┬┤s skills (links): http://forum.thesettlersonline.cz/threads/3103

All my guides are on http://settlersonlinemaps.com

Monde
    Prestaging
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
    Its worth pointing out you only get so much if you milk it for EXP using Mary and even then its still worse than mass grinding YWC.
    Especially if considered how many of YWC people have to even go through to drop a single Princess.
    Regarding the building, I think the feedback is meaningless until we see the final conditions of obtaining multiple of those. If one can realistically plan on getting like 6-8 then it might not be that bad.
    You are absolutely right, though mass grinding YWC is not that simple sometime, due to availability.
    For the number, we shall be limited by time (I do not plan to wait 6~8 years for that), and as mentioned
    above by size. We keep getting buildings that add up for efficiency/cooldown and limited room for them,
    I hope that trend will stop soon.

Monde
    Prestaging
    Playing of adventures is not the same as weapon production where the output comes in defined period of time. In case of adventuring almost every player has different approach. Someone do not have time to sit here for hours and so prepares army to be able to run fast several adventures in a row without blocks. While another player uses the series of 1R MMA attacks to save the army and enjoy playing more adventures.

From this perpective the 2-hour duration seems to be not fair. I would prefere if the buff would be limited to count of adventures (let's say 2-3 finished after trigger of the buff) rather than to have time limit.

Monde
    Prestaging
    Quote Originally Posted by Frodo_III View Post
    Playing of adventures is not the same as weapon production where the output comes in defined period of time. In case of adventuring almost every player has different approach. Someone do not have time to sit here for hours and so prepares army to be able to run fast several adventures in a row without blocks. While another player uses the series of 1R MMA attacks to save the army and enjoy playing more adventures.

From this perpective the 2-hour duration seems to be not fair. I would prefere if the buff would be limited to count of adventures (let's say 2-3 finished after trigger of the buff) rather than to have time limit.
    This. A counter would be better than a ticking clock. Maybe even a single adventure would be ok with adjusted costs and cooldown time.

Reply to Thread