Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Weekly Challenges

Monde
    Prestaging
    Quote Originally Posted by failbuttrue View Post
    You forces the people who only want to trade in this game to build a production ?
    First time on these forums I legitimately cant tell if someone is serious or just overly ironic.

Monde
    Prestaging
    I was also wondering what does he actually mean... the game is heavily based on production and so many things in the game already require to have some sort of production capabilities.

Also most f the trade only like players I've seen barely do any adventures either so why would you care about population capacity?

Monde
    Prestaging
    I know a lot of people they haven't any production. They trade with other guys, buying leeches and have only storage capacity and population for playing adventures.

For these people every Quests are horrible.

So in my opinion i think if the tokens are tradeable the "traders" can buy and sell some tokens to get profit and upgrade their houses, and for the people who have some production they can do this quests for the eps and for the tokens.

And that is the reason why i said this sentence "You forces the people who only want to trade in this game to build a production ?", because people who only play with traiding never got any tokens ...

Monde
    Prestaging
    The thing is not having any production infrastructure is irrational in a game that, at least at a baseline level, is singleplayer.

While its is an outlier that has a chance of succeeding on individual level, its certainly not something gameplay should be balanced around.

Monde
    Prestaging
    Not all players have the same game play ... some build nice productions, some build a very beautiful island, some play only adventure and some players only play for trading ...

and i think that everyone can get some tokens, it will be greatful if the tokens are tradable

Monde
    Prestaging
    Not all players have the same game play ... some build nice productions, some build a very beautiful island, some play only adventure and some players only play for trading ...

and i think that everyone can get some tokens, it will be greatful if the tokens are tradable
    I'm sorry but I don't believe a word your saying. Your join date says you have been here for 6 years and your claiming you don't do any production despite the fact that we have events and crisis quests which call for production, your trying to tell me the current ballon event is not production.

Monde
    Prestaging
    I know a lot of people they haven't any production. They trade with other guys, buying leeches and have only storage capacity and population for playing adventures.

For these people every Quests are horrible.

So in my opinion i think if the tokens are tradeable the "traders" can buy and sell some tokens to get profit and upgrade their houses, and for the people who have some production they can do this quests for the eps and for the tokens.

And that is the reason why i said this sentence "You forces the people who only want to trade in this game to build a production ?", because people who only play with traiding never got any tokens ...

It's entirely possible that these people could have multiple accounts setup to do production on their "alt" accounts and feeding themselves resources. hmmm.
    Just saying. Not specifically calling anybody out but in theory this is possible. No?

I think having quests are a good thing that forces people to have a balance island is a reasonable thing.

The only complaints I have about Quests is requiring you to do things or own things that are obsolete. For example:
    Fish and Meat refills are really useless quest requirements considering that it makes more sense to have Buildings that generate meat and fish for free without tapping into deposits. And they don't take up building deeds. It makes absolutely no sense to build the basic fishing and hunter building at all. They take up space and suck up license. And they're slow. But they're the only building that taps into deposit.

Asking players to do "XXX" deposits as part of the quests is just silly.
    Last edited by RonnieEmpire; 05.10.18 at 02:50.

Monde
    Prestaging
    Quote Originally Posted by RonnieEmpire View Post
    The only complaints I have about Quests is requiring you to do things or own things that are obsolete. For example:
    Fish and Meat refills are really useless quest requirements considering that it makes more sense to have Buildings that generate meat and fish for free without tapping into deposits. And they don't take up building deeds. It makes absolutely no sense to build the basic fishing and hunter building at all. They take up space and suck up license. And they're slow. But they're the only building that taps into deposit.
    You can refill a deposit without any building working it (in the particular case of meat and fish that is). A non-issue for me. Has been working this exact way ever since I started doing the beanstalk quests for crystal fragments.

What I think is a bigger issue is the fact that (at least based on screenshots I've seen) there are quests that require you to spend quite alot of elite units. I really hope those would either be reworked or balanced properly (even though they likely wont) because from the numbers I've seen it seemed like those quests could consume the entire unit production of someone whos not running good barrack buffs for whatever reason.

If this is the case its :
    - effectively sabotaging other features that already require alot of elite army
    - seems like lousy design that does not take certain aspects of the game into consideration

Wegklopper
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
    What I think is a bigger issue is the fact that (at least based on screenshots I've seen) there are quests that require you to spend quite alot of elite units. I really hope those would either be reworked or balanced properly (even though they likely wont) because from the numbers I've seen it seemed like those quests could consume the entire unit production of someone whos not running good barrack buffs for whatever reason.

If this is the case its :
    - effectively sabotaging other features that already require alot of elite army
    - seems like lousy design that does not take certain aspects of the game into consideration
    We are experiencing an increasing meaning of "decision-making". Any decision is a choice among two or more options. That implies that players simply can't do anything they want at the same time, and thus have to decide for what purpose what kind ressources are used for.

Monde
    Prestaging
    Quote Originally Posted by Wegklopper View Post
    That implies that players simply can't do anything they want at the same time, and thus have to decide for what purpose what kind ressources are used for.
    That also invalidates entire features considering all of those are not properly balanced against each other.

If I have to choose between upgrading my population buildings (that really serves no other purpose than potentially helping me with some endgame goals) and actually contributing to reaching those endgame goals, there really isnt much decision to be made.

Reply to Thread