Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25

Thread: [Feedback] Weekly Challenges

Monde
    Prestaging
    So, reward's been splitted up and increased by about 25% - good news.

Still, the biggest issue for many remains - WC being autostarting.
    What about letting player decide if and when to initialize them?
    Atleast you should be able to solve that like you did with the "Christmas tree rewards issue" - click ship to get quest (starting) item.
    Last edited by SmurfAsH; 09.04.19 at 03:24.
    Why is [spoiler]spoiler-tag[/spoiler] turned off here in testserver forum?

Monde
    Prestaging
    Let me point out to you these simple facts:

"All of these challenges will contain stages which ask you to accomplish things such as producing resources, completing adventures creating and applying buffs etc. What they do not contain is any luck-based tasks, such as treasure hunts; this means you can more predictably complete these challenges with some consistency, without the fear of running out of time due to bad luck."

Source:
    https://forum.thesettlersonline.net/...aining-Grounds

The Task for Completing Challenges players starting at level 56:
    "Complete 2 adventures “Ali Baba And The Second Thief” (From Architectural Inspiration subquest to Town Construction)
    "Complete 3 adventures “Ali Baba And The First Thief” (From The Cure subquest to Epidemic)
    Source:
    http://settlersonlinewiki.eu/en/ques...ly-challenges/

Ali Baba, The Young Wood Cutter Adventure (available in adventure for fragments) = NOT used in any sub-quest. MUST complete to obtain First and Second Thief.

Drop Chance for Ali Baba and the Second Thief and First Thief:

http://settlersonlinewiki.eu/en/adve...g-wood-cutter/
    First Thief: 16.7%
    Second Thief: 16.7%

Third Thief: 16.7% (NOT used in any quest for brackets 56-65)
    NOTHING: 50%

66.7% = Chance of FAILING.

I must do this (young woodcutter) multiple times to obtain first thief map (2 of them). and second thief map (3 of them).
    And then I must make enough troops to actually do the maps in question for the quest. 2 or 3 of them.

So tell me exactly, how the Dev said It's predictable and no task requiring players running out of time due to fear of bad luck??

Players who JUST turned level 56. Can start to build the first building: Arquebuse Maker. Which takes at least 2 weeks to upgrade. (this means 2 weeks of NO production of weapons. Then you must allow at least a week or more to produce the weapons and then a few days to produce the units in Elite Barracks)

Which I might also add the units LOST is significantly high without Besiegers. Which we can't build.

Do you think that's reasonable to ask players to do multiple Young Woodcutters, AT least 2-3x (if you get perfect drop chances), and then (2-3x) again First Thief or Second Thief. ??? And if your map doesn't drop at all. You're out of luck.

I just recently went from level 55 to 56 on the live server and the new weekly challenges are outrageous. Just absolutely nearly impossible to complete. The amount of units required to do the maps. I went from being able to do weekly challenges to not being able to do any.
    Very unbalanced requirements.

Maybe adjust the quest bracket requirements to ease player levels into Fairy Tale adventures instead of 1001 Nights. I went from doing "1" Dark Brotherhoods (and "2" Wild Mary) adventure maps requirement for weekly challenges straight into Woodcutter series requiring 2-3 thief maps that are drop chances. That's just really bad.

1 Dark Brotherhood requirement --> 2 Woodcutter (thief2) At lest 4 adventures needed to be done assuming perfect luck on young woodcutter.
    2 Wild Mary requirements --> 3 Woodcutter (thief1) At least 6 adventures needed to be done assuming perfect luck on young woodcutter.
    ALSO chance of failing since its map drops.

Conclusion:
    Maybe the level bracket for the woodcutter series should be delayed/changed to players reaching level 58.

Make available First, Second Thief for map fragments removing luck drop chances.

Also- Co-OP maps please remove quest requirement. (replace with Fairy Tale instead). You don't use fairy tales at all in any of the weekly challenges. Why is this?
    Storm Recovery, please get rid of Grout requirements or change out storm recovery.

Maybe Young Woodcutter, should be used instead of Storm Recovery. This way, it will help you with doing the quest to obtain follow up maps for later weekly challenges when they come around.
    Last edited by RonnieEmpire; 09.04.19 at 18:32.

Monde
    Prestaging
    At any starting point of a range, in your case lvl 56, it's harder to complete a challenge than at the end point of a range, e. g. lvl 65. Basically, your capacities to beat a challenge grow over time. That is, I think, a part of the whole feature, and has always been a part of the game.

I started playing "Tailors" at Level 47, with two MGs and one MMA, and no skills, and a tailor took me 2 - 3 days. Today, at lvl 74, with an army of skilled generals, no lack of ressources and much better capacities to produce troops, playing various "tailors" in a row is not as much a challenge as it was with lvl 47.
    Current "Wegklopper"

Monde
    Prestaging
    Firstly, remove the ability to gem the quests so that people can no longer ''buy'' large lumps of xp. Then I will believe the quests are more than a resource sink and cash cow.

Next, remove all the coops from the quest chains. Why should one players achievement of a quest depend on the input of others? BB are the main ones fixated by coops having introduced them and seen little support for them and so need tp find ways to induce players to do them so that the dev time doesn't come into question by higher powers in the company.

Then, remove adventures from the quests which are not available at a sensible price in the merchant. I am happy to do any non-cooperative adventure from a LIST of more than one!!

Finally, remove the silly 'make x troops and donate y troops'. Who in their right mind would choose to massacre large numbers of troops for no purpose when they can use the same troops to gain the same, or more, xp for far lower losses of resources and elite barracks time?

The concept of the weeklies is admirable but the product is poorly thought through by people who seem to have little idea of what matters within the game.

Monde
    Prestaging
    It's all very well to ask them to remove this and remove that, but it won't solve the perceived problem if they replace what is removed with something equally undesirable. The real question here is what are you willing to do to earn the rewards ?

Monde
    Prestaging
    Quote Originally Posted by lordloocan View Post
    Firstly, remove the ability to gem the quests so that people can no longer ''buy'' large lumps of xp. Then I will believe the quests are more than a resource sink and cash cow.

Next, remove all the coops from the quest chains. Why should one players achievement of a quest depend on the input of others? BB are the main ones fixated by coops having introduced them and seen little support for them and so need tp find ways to induce players to do them so that the dev time doesn't come into question by higher powers in the company.

Then, remove adventures from the quests which are not available at a sensible price in the merchant. I am happy to do any non-cooperative adventure from a LIST of more than one!!

Finally, remove the silly 'make x troops and donate y troops'. Who in their right mind would choose to massacre large numbers of troops for no purpose when they can use the same troops to gain the same, or more, xp for far lower losses of resources and elite barracks time?

The concept of the weeklies is admirable but the product is poorly thought through by people who seem to have little idea of what matters within the game.

I agree with the thoughts in this feedback.

Co-ops should be removed. Your own personal achievement should not depend on somebody else's participation. (The Challenge should be actually doing the content. The challenge shouldn't be trying to find players to help you do something that you're suppose to do.)

Most of the quests subquest feels very arbitrary and made up by the designer who actually does NOT play the game from a normal progression. They sit there with the Testing Server and give themselves a bunch of resources that they didn't a mass themselves through the years and have no clue on what is a reasonable time frame it takes for a person to accomplish things.

For example, if these designers of the game actually played the game, and noticed the annoyance of logging in everyday and having to send explorers out over and over x20-30 explorers, they'll actually realize OH HEY maybe we can do a quality of life fix to the explorers and how to improve / stream line explorers management.
    Last edited by RonnieEmpire; 10.04.19 at 22:57.

Monde
    Prestaging
    Well, firstly, Weekly Challenges are causing some semantic issues - BB removed adventures from the mini quests for crystal shards and tried that idea here covered in the illusion of being Weekly Crisis Quest.
    Perhaps the type of reward would better switch between those two Quest systems - crystal shards <-> tokens.
    Why is [spoiler]spoiler-tag[/spoiler] turned off here in testserver forum?

Monde
    Prestaging
    A suggestion...

Instead of sinking resources and troops... change the ship, use the party crashes system... make those 'bandits' VERY hard to kill, change the amount and the troops setup often so we will have to THINK what to use to kill them. That would be interesting and challenging. We will have to produce the troops, so, the barracks will be busy. We can get experience from killing them and tokens for completing the subquest/quest. And the feeling that we are throwing away good troops and resources will go away.
    Add a part with 'bribes' where we will have to pay some resources. Or we can pay a 'tribute' in another subquest.

Or even more challenging, tho, for this one we really need a 'disable' button: the pirates are invading our island and we have a week to get rid of them, if we don't then we lose whatever resources. A failing condition with a very expensive 'tax' to pay if falling. To implement it we can 'pay' a tax to start the quest chain, if we succeed we get the tax back, we we fail we lose it.

In this week we have to
    -bribe the pirates captain(s)
    -kill the pirates
    -produce whatever to keep them happy.

I think that would be a nice change after years of running same adventures over and over again.

Monde
    Prestaging
    Another suggestion to create more diversity is to change the adventures that have to be played for the Weekly Challenges during events. During events, some or all regular adventures could be replaced by saisonal adventures. Or saisonal challenges which are active during events only might be introduced.
    Current "Wegklopper"

Reply to Thread