Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 24 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Weekly Challenges

Community Team [UK/INT] BB_Saqui's Avatar
    Monde
    Prestaging

[Feedback] Weekly Challenges

Please feel free to leave your thoughts and comments on the Weekly Challenges below. We'll have a post explaining the new improvements in detail next week.

Happy commenting!
    BB_Saqui

Monde
    Prestaging

[Feedback] Weekly Challenges

First i'll start by saying i like the quests a lot, easy quests give less tokens hard ones give lots, decent balance overall there.

Now the levels on the pop buildings, WHY not all buildings go to level 6?

Basicaly as it is for example in terms of amount of pop a Frozen Manor, an White Castle a Pirate Residence and a Tippi Tent are all equivalent... really? Why not keep the levels go to 6 on all, at least they would somehow be different, Make the last levels expensive if you must but allow them to be different.

I love that the Dark Castle is finally getting some love and finally justifing all the wasted space he takes to build

Overall i like the update a lot, if possible add more quests, and please revise the decison not to level all buildings to level 6, even if the price to do so is high.

Keep the good work, 2018 been a very good year regarding content updates. Keep it up. And please as a selfish request... ask that amazing artist/s that been killing it on the graphics for the new buildings, to design some new ones for the upgraded buildings, even if only for max level

Cheers,
    Fanfas.

Blue Byte Gamedesign Team BB_Alex's Avatar
    Monde
    Prestaging
    Just an Info related to Tokens. Those should be NOT tradeable.

Monde
    Prestaging
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Alex View Post
    not on the subject of tokens, but can you explain the rationale for the upgrade prices (specifically Magnificent Residence, or whatever the english name is ) vs regular players plank production ?

Monde
    Prestaging
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
    not on the subject of tokens, but can you explain the rationale for the upgrade prices (specifically Magnificent Residence, or whatever the english name is ) vs regular players plank production ?
    +1 I already mentioned it here https://forum.tsotesting.com/threads...ll=1#post49898

Guides by LosAngel (links): http://forum.thesettlersonline.cz/threads/3063
    Guides by LosAngel with general┬┤s skills (links): http://forum.thesettlersonline.cz/threads/3103

All my guides are on http://settlersonlinemaps.com

Monde
    Prestaging
    I'm also hoping that the current values of the costs, levels and gains are just a result of rushing the feature out for a test and not close to final values.

Blue Byte Gamedesign Team BB_Alex's Avatar
    Monde
    Prestaging
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
    It was not balanced based on production, but based on resource stock on certain levels. Overall it does not matter anymore, since the second resource will be removed as cost leaving just the tokens.

Quote Originally Posted by Mannerheim View Post
    I'm also hoping that the current values of the costs, levels and gains are just a result of rushing the feature out for a test and not close to final values.
    Those were not rushed at all. This feature was in development for quite some time. With the finalization of the MCC and all the events, we had to start focusing on those instead of weekly challenges. Honestly the costs for MCC were based on the same approach like the weekly challenges. Both should be a quite high challenge for the economies out there. We did release MCC and two events, now it's time to get back and re-evaluate the balancing for weekly challenges based on what we learned from those other features. BTW. the balancing approach for the last three buff quests is also similar and had its origin in the weekly challenge concept, while weekly challenges still should remain more demanding in comparison.

Monde
    Prestaging
    Overall it does not matter anymore, since the second resource will be removed as cost leaving just the tokens.
    Glad to be hearing that right after I was done upgrading my 8 brand new mahogany sawmills

Monde
    Prestaging

I am not happy about that information. I tested the new quests for tokens. The Quests are horrible for players who are only trading.
    For all quests you need to have a production. Whate should be do the people who haven't any production ?

You forces the people who only want to trade in this game to build a production ? Or they cant upgrade their buildings ....

If i remember to the last quests for magic Beanstalk . Than you need a procution too ... so every quets are only for the People with production.

I would be glad if the tokens are tradable. If they are tradable everybody can buy them at the trade office.

And further i think the gem prices are very expensive to upgrade some buildings for 585.000 gems. Please adjust the prices. Then i think some people will buy this upgrades for gems

Monde
    Prestaging
    Those were not rushed at all. This feature was in development for quite some time. With the finalization of the MCC and all the events, we had to start focusing on those instead of weekly challenges. Honestly the costs for MCC were based on the same approach like the weekly challenges. Both should be a quite high challenge for the economies out there. We did release MCC and two events, now it's time to get back and re-evaluate the balancing for weekly challenges based on what we learned from those other features. BTW. the balancing approach for the last three buff quests is also similar and had its origin in the weekly challenge concept, while weekly challenges still should remain more demanding in comparison.
    Your reply to Skyfall about tokens only removes most of my worries since the resource costs felt a bit random between different buildings versus the gained population. I saw an imbalance between the buildings and levels when required space is taken in to account so I got the impression only few buildings were thought through and rest were just copy pastes. I guess I'll wait for the next revision to evaluate again since the current one also has broken level ups and negative values.

Reply to Thread