Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Valentine's Event

Monde
    Prestaging
    Quote Originally Posted by Taps View Post
    Please read my answer I already gave to another player in this post, maybe you can better understand my point of view.

I don't see any point why the valentine cards are not tradeable. This event is about playing together and tradeable valentine cards do not contradict playing together.
    Tradeable cards don't prevent the players swapping their cards but it helps players who don't find other players for swapping the valentine cards because then they can send the cards to friends and the friend applies them on the flower field.
    i did read it now and saw iMyself answering you later as well with similar things... everyone will be making the boxes and trading cards because of the buffs. your post even contradicts you as you say many do not care about achievements.. well then it will be easy to get any number card because people do not care which one they use

i also dont mind them being tradable but don't see it being issue as not tradable.. the achievement would not mean much if you could easily make all the cards yourself and get someone use them

Blue Byte Gamedesign Team BB_Alex's Avatar
    Monde
    Prestaging
    Quote Originally Posted by LosAngel View Post
    Thanks, ALEX. Could you do the same for all cooldowns?
    Hi LosAngel

I am a little confused. What do you mean by all cooldowns? We will most likely adjust the scouting post and the meadhall, too

Wegklopper
    Has anyone played around with sending generals? I just did…

Sent a Transporter General and picked up a collectible. After the Transporter arrived, I sent Anslem (no skills). Result: Travel time of Anslem is correctly reduced to 3:45 Min.

Then I tried so send Vargus to the adventure. The break down of the garrison began, game froze, garrison stood again. I repeated the same action like 5 times, and always the same happened.

Then I tried to send a Veteran to the Adventure (different spot). The break down of the garrison began, game froze, garrison of Vargus stood appeared, while the Veteran was on its way to the Adventure.

In the Adventure, something similar happened: Anslems garrison was build, game froze, and the Building process was repeated several times.

Then an MMA arrived (no screen, between 3 and 4), the game froze, and the MMA and Anslem swapped their spots (screen 4). Then the game froze again, and Anslems garrison was rebuild (screen 5).

https://ibb.co/PMM9Ypn

After that all stopped (I waited), I sent Vargus, whose travel time was correct, and while he was still travelling, I sent another general, whose travel time was not correct. So my current impression is that there might be something very wrong.

In the Adventure, the Vargus-Arrives-Game-Freezes-Garrison-Breaks-Down-And-Is-Rebuild-Again-Game happened again a couple of times.
    Last edited by Wegklopper; 06.02.19 at 13:37.

Monde
    Prestaging
    Quote Originally Posted by Wegklopper View Post
    Has anyone played around with sending generals? I just did…

Sent a Transporter General and picked up a collectible. After the Transporter arrived, I sent Anslem (no skills). Result: Travel time of Anslem is correctly reduced to 3:45 Min.

Then I tried so send Vargus to the adventure. The break down of the garrison began, game froze, garrison stood again. I repeated the same action like 5 times, and always the same happened.

Then I tried to send a Veteran to the Adventure (different spot). The break down of the garrison began, game froze, garrison of Vargus stood appeared, while the Veteran was on its way to the Adventure.

In the Adventure, something similar happened: Anslems garrison was build, game froze, and the Building process was repeated several times.

Then an MMA arrived (no screen, between 3 and 4), the game froze, and the MMA and Anslem swapped their spots (screen 4). Then the game froze again, and Anslems garrison was rebuild (screen 5).

https://ibb.co/PMM9Ypn
    [spoiler]

[/spoiler]

After that all stopped (I waited), I sent Vargus, whose travel time was correct, and while he was still travelling, I sent another general, whose travel time was not correct. So my current impression is that there might be something very wrong.

In the Adventure, the Vargus-Arrives-Game-Freezes-Garrison-Breaks-Down-And-Is-Rebuild-Again-Game happened again a couple of times.
    This is nothing new..
    [spoiler]
    Quote Originally Posted by SmurfAsH View Post
    What about heavily (re-)used systems that may work well on server side but cause major problems on client side?
    Systems you have spent a lot of time and effort to make fail-safe but still need tweaking to reduce obvious bugs..
    I'm thinking mostly of the "hard coded" (con-/de-)struction mechanism that you think can be executed from both sides (server and client) with just some map/building blocking restrictions and just letting server override or freeze/lag client whenever it gets heavy loaded.
    Then you've added "help systems" that automatically emptying and retrench any excessing generals.
    The whole Landing Field/Spot concept is a backward and non-wanted system that you for unknown reasons keep hanging on to.
    Why not just keep it simple and avoiding such auto/manual executing conflicts?

There just needs to be a beach head (per player) from which we transfer generals to set up garrison; and a UI that allow us to handle army leading generals without garrison - could be reached from the Tavern (on home island) and a big ship or The Excelsior (on adventure).
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Alex View Post
    The statement remains the same in this case, too. To be able to make a better system, there is a need to rework the old ones.

Edit: Besides that, there is one rule: Don't trust the client! Would the reason "tons of work, so we decided to invest the resources into events and content" be enough reason to keep sticking to the existing mechanic?
    https://forum.tsotesting.com/threads/23028-We-need-your-feedback-Test-Server-UI-Changes!
    [/spoiler]
    Last edited by SmurfAsH; 07.02.19 at 02:53.

Monde
    Prestaging
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Alex View Post
    The statement remains the same in this case, too. To be able to make a better system, there is a need to rework the old ones.

Edit: Besides that, there is one rule: Don't trust the client! Would the reason "tons of work, so we decided to invest the resources into events and content" be enough reason to keep sticking to the existing mechanic?
    That's like you give to your kid a broken bike. It doesn't matter that the chain goes loose after a few meters or the wheels are not centered and he falls very often... You add some bells and maybe new pedals... and a paint, to make it shinny... and you give it to your kid with some increasingly complicated set of instructions for new paths to follow. If he fall you help him to get back on his broken bike but you don't try to fix the problems.

How long, do you think, the kid will be keep trying before giving up for another bike? One maybe not so shinny and with less interesting paths to discover and follow, but one which he will be sure he can have some fun by riding it...
    Last edited by ghannima; 08.02.19 at 01:44.

Monde
    Prestaging
    btw, the Observatory buff is still not working on skilled generals.
    I started the buff, started the adventure and sent Anslem (skilled with Nav). His time was still 8 min to arrive on adv map... I completed the adv (nuked everything) and Anslem needed yet another 8 min to come back home.
    The adv was showing the Observatory buff.

Monde
    Prestaging
    Quote Originally Posted by ghannima View Post
    That's like you give to your kid a broken bike. It doesn't matter that the chain goes loose after a few meters or the wheels are not centered and he falls very often... You add some bells and maybe new pedals... and a paint, to make it shinny... and you give it to your kid with some increasingly complicated set of instructions for new paths to follow. If he fall you help him to get back on his broken bike but you don't try to fix the problems.

How long, do you think, the kid will be keep trying before giving up for another bike? One maybe not so shinny and with less interesting paths to discover and follow, but one which he will be sure he can have some fun by riding it...
    Great analogy

Monde
    Prestaging
    Quote Originally Posted by Wegklopper View Post
    bugs
    its all been reported weeks ago

Monde
    Prestaging
    So live server dev diary states Valentine Card Box costs 4400 hardwood planks, 780 Simple Paper, 660 Nibs instead of 4400 pinewood planks, 780 Simple Paper, 660 Nibs. Is this a mistake or evil sneaky change? If the latter i approve!

Monde
    Prestaging
    Please, postpone this event until summer and focus on fixing the game.
    The lag is getting worse, now when we build something the game freeze twice, first time when we click the building and second time after we place it. On adventures the generals are moving slower then usual and when we try to move them the game freeze too... Flash is crashing at every 2 hours... Plus the Easter is getting close and we will have an Easter Event, I hope...
    Usually the lag is getting worse on events times because more players are online. It would be very frustrating to play.

I'm sure most of the players will be ok with a very delayed Valentine Event and with a game working smoothly...
    Thank you.

Reply to Thread