Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Easter content

Monde
    Prestaging
    So BB_Alex - You are same player like we - did You notice how senseless is when we are getting change like recent adventures price amendments in merchant when it seems that nobody would buy it using gems or little change in description - when nobody cares for it, why implement something and later waste time on thinking over it yet - because for instance somebody realized that will be funny if we'll reduce cooldown by 1h (if such thing is made by mistake then just fix it and seems to be better not even mention about it - You to much noble studio - You have to be shameless) - especially that there are many more relevant things to do - too long list to mention. Regarding event difficulties - I know that it's You system - it's like speaking with vendor's machine to give as something in cheaper price - it's You kingdom and You rule - You know that many players are so let's say "addicted squires" to this game and by this obsession must have all important items from event - our life are based on choices - having this game so much overwhelming is not what I want - I prefer to spend events with family not being burdened by problem like "need to get eggs, more eggs, where my eggs, sorry memory such a story ...dmn, having no any spare time" - generally we know what You know, and You know what we You know - too many brains are taken by this TS 7 style beauty game which led us to here, despite all erroneous solutions we faced - so many money, time - thank You BB.

Regards,
    I the only one

Monde
    Prestaging
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Alex View Post
    I am playing every event with my private account. It allows me to see it from the perspective of a player and not only from the one of a developer.
    Yep.
    And having played for some time, you come to decisions like raising Sons Of The Veld price at the merchant's because this is the most anticipated change from the player's point of view
    Come on.

Monde
    Prestaging
    The explorers didn't bring any eggs after the event finished - is that the new normal or didn't I have any luck?

Monde
    Prestaging
    Is there any information about which Adventure how much eggs can provide?

Monde
    Prestaging
    So the eggs from explorers.
    I remember the 2015 easter event. It was the easiest event ever! I got 120% of event stuff bought with eggs from explorers. Yes, thats right. I got more eggs from explorers than i needed for buying ALL limited items in the event shop!

Forward to 2019. I now have about double amount of explorers, all upgraded etc. Best possible position as far as explorers are concerned.
    Current rough calculation is that i can earn with explorers about 8% of the eggs needed to buy stuff i want from event shop. EIGHT! percent! That is 15 TIMES less than 4 years ago.

Obviously 120% is ridiculous but 8% is even worse!

Shorter searches vs longer searches.

Dear BB_Alex i would love take up your encouragement to use shorter searches for efficiency but until there is a multi send option for explorers i cant do it. If i have to send out some 40 explorers 7 times a day i would quit before the event is half way done! If you want us to follow your design give us the tools to do so!

Event shop.
    Prices on items in the shop are reasonably well balanced.
    Except for the Wondrous residence. Seems like the only idea behind the price is "We dont want you to be able to buy it at all, ever". Even if the price would be halved it would be crazy. On top of purchase price we still have to pay for upgrades! Come on please lets get back to reality.
    For comparison. The floating residence even at the new price costs 9.125 eggs per resident. Wondrous residence - 99.95 eggs per resident. 11 times difference!
    Last edited by sk3l370n; 23.03.19 at 21:24.

Monde
    Prestaging
    Wondrous Residence balancing is very poor as others have said. The capacity should be closer to 800-1500 in its final form with the current cost of the building itself and its upgrades. It's not tradable/giftable, its very expensive with gems and also a limited item in the shop so not sure whats the idea behind the costs.

Monde
    Prestaging
    Hi BB_Alex, I took a closer look on the upcoming easter event and I'm pleased about the new features.

One thing, however, I have to criticize, namely the fact that tokens are needed to fully upgrade the wondrous residence up to level 12.

Players who don't play weekly challenges (in the following named as player A) can only upgrade the building to level 6. Then they have a population of 230 and the price for one resident is 43 eggs. Players who play weekly challenges (Player B) can fully upgrade the building. Then they have a population of 555 and the price is 18 eggs per resident. You see, Player A has to pay more than twice as much as Player B for one resident and that's not fair at all.

In your dev notes for the weekly challenges, you wrote that the challenges should remain completely optional. But if they should remain completely optional, players should not be forced to play weekly challenges to be able to upgrade this building up to level 12.

Therefore it is absolutely necessary to give Player A an option that he can also upgrade this building to level 12.

A few suggestions for this option:
    - no tokens needed at all for all level upgrades
    - for level 7 and level 12 two possibilities for upgrade, one with tokens, one without (the one without tokens is not meant to upgrade with gems )
    - two seperate buildings with an overall limit of 2 for both buildings. One of the buildings is designed as it is right now, the other one is upgradeble without tokens

Finally, I really hope you will find a solution in this matter that both types of player can fully use the wondrous residence.

Thank you for reading this and I look forward to your changes.

Helmchen_
    And players who don't play fairy tale adventures and who don't trade won't have grout or magic beanstalks to upgrade the building. So what.

I don't think that there needs to be a "solution" because there is no problem. And please, no different versions of the building. That's ridiculous.

@Mannerheim:

I'm fine with the price. It's roughly 3x the price of the hunted mansion.
    Last edited by Helmchen_; 26.03.19 at 22:30.

Blue Byte Gamedesign Team BB_Alex's Avatar
    Monde
    Prestaging
    Quote Originally Posted by cordulagruen View Post
    Hi BB_Alex, I took a closer look on the upcoming easter event and I'm pleased about the new features.

One thing, however, I have to criticize, namely the fact that tokens are needed to fully upgrade the wondrous residence up to level 12.

Players who don't play weekly challenges (in the following named as player A) can only upgrade the building to level 6. Then they have a population of 230 and the price for one resident is 43 eggs. Players who play weekly challenges (Player B) can fully upgrade the building. Then they have a population of 555 and the price is 18 eggs per resident. You see, Player A has to pay more than twice as much as Player B for one resident and that's not fair at all.

In your dev notes for the weekly challenges, you wrote that the challenges should remain completely optional. But if they should remain completely optional, players should not be forced to play weekly challenges to be able to upgrade this building up to level 12.

Therefore it is absolutely necessary to give Player A an option that he can also upgrade this building to level 12.

A few suggestions for this option:
    - no tokens needed at all for all level upgrades
    - for level 7 and level 12 two possibilities for upgrade, one with tokens, one without (the one without tokens is not meant to upgrade with gems )
    - two seperate buildings with an overall limit of 2 for both buildings. One of the buildings is designed as it is right now, the other one is upgradeble without tokens

Finally, I really hope you will find a solution in this matter that both types of player can fully use the wondrous residence.

Thank you for reading this and I look forward to your changes.
    Hey cordulagruen,

thank you for the feedback. I do understand your concerns, since for some people it does feel like you are forced to do weekly challenges.

We seem to have different definition of completely optional. For me it means, that you have the decision to participate in them or not, since it isn't required for progress or unlocking of content. The residence is in itself completely optional, as well as the upgrades. You can experience all features of the game without purchasing or upgrading the building. But if you want all benefits you should be using all features of the game.

Nevertheless, I do understand you and we will put additional thoughts into this matter. One additional thought. Making two buildings would most likely result in one of them being more efficient, than the other. Means the one upgradable wit tokens will be more efficient, since the participation in weekly challenges should give you a higher benefit. Or the building upgradable with tokens can also only be purchased with tokens.
    Last edited by BB_Alex; 27.03.19 at 11:19.

Monde
    Prestaging
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Alex View Post
    Hey cordulagruen,

thank you for the feedback. I do understand your concerns, since for some people it does feel like you are forced to do weekly challenges.

We seem to have different definition of completely optional. For me it means, that you have the decision to participate in them or not, since it isn't required for progress or unlocking of content. The residence is in itself completely optional, as well as the upgrades. You can experience all features of the game without purchasing or upgrading the building. But if you want all benefits you should be using all features of the game.

Nevertheless, I do understand you and we will put additional thoughts into this matter. One additional thought. Making two buildings would most likely result in one of them being more efficient, than the other. Means the one upgradable wit tokens will be more efficient, since the participation in weekly challenges should give you a higher benefit. Or the building upgradable with tokens can also only be purchased with tokens.
    Hi BB_Alex,

thank you for your quick response. It shows me that you know about the importance of fairness and that it is the same important to you as to me.
    If you need more proposals to solve this matter, please let me know. I would be pleased if I could help.
    Please don't let me wait too long for new information.

Reply to Thread